problem with _GUICtrlListView_SortItems

Swan

Hello,

I am creating a gui containing 2 tabs. Each tab contains a listview and I'd like these listviews can be sorted by clicking on the column header. To do so, I am using the _GUICtrlListView_SortItems function.

My problem is that I can't get any sorting action and I don't know what's wrong with my code. I attach my files below.

Thanks for your help.

variables.au3

sysStats.au3

main_gui.au3

CPUdetails.au3

MEMdetails.au3

MenuBar.au3

main_gui_func.au3

CPU_stats.au3

MEM_stats.au3

process_monitor.au3

Have a look at _Log in my signature and at _Log_Display()

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Do you by any chance have an actual script in there somewhere? I have looked at probably 4 of the attachments and there's nothing in there that approximates a running script or even a function except the one you called main_gui_func which is a function, but isn't your main_gui.

I am not going to download all the pieces and stitch them together just to find out you didn't post a working example. So please, make a WORKING example posting without the 10 pieces like you did otherwise I don't think you'll get nearly as much help as you would if you did it the right way.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I just had a look at the Main UDF and it seems you need to look at coding practice with AutoIt, don't #include files in a Function, always at the top. I suggest having a look at the Second Example in _GUICtrlListView_RegisterSortCallBack() and really studying it, because this is how I learnt to sort columns, the crucial part is _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hWnd) + 9999, because this can cause many problems (when I first started learning and trying to port into my first ListView Script, I found this to be the first problem.)

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

@ GUINNESS

Thanks a lot for your help. It's been fixed and is working fine now.

I had just forgotten to add "_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($listview) + 9999" back to my _GUICtrlListView_AddItem after a few modifications.

For those who find this thread looking for the same kind of solution :

$iIndex = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem ($listView, $item, $i, _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($listView) + 9999)

About the inclusion at the top of the file, yes I agree when it is about variables, functions, ... But when the included file is just a part of the code ? I do it this way to avoid to have a long long file and to have to scroll up and down all the time.

@ BrewManNH

The main_gui_func.au3 file only contains the functions which are used by the main_gui.au3.

The amin_gui.au3 file contains the main gui function.

The sysStats.au3 is actually the main file which must be compiled and executed.

Sorry for having forgotten to specify that point.

I'm glad you fixed it! It was the same problem I had back many years ago.

About the inclusion at the top of the file, yes I agree when it is about variables, functions, ... But when the included file is just a part of the code ? I do it this way to avoid to have a long long file and to have to scroll up and down all the time

Weird because when I create programs I normally have an average of 6 include files, but bare in mind that some includes are already included in other includes e.g. GDIPlus.au3 has WinAPI.au3 included, so if you use a Function from WinAPI.au3 and GDIPlus.au3 then you only need to include GDIPlus.au3. How I do it is I add the includes I need and when it comes to optimising I start commenting out the includes individually to see if AU3Check fails, if it does then I know I have to include it. Plus I add this to the top of the Script >> #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 it checks to see if Variable declaration is correct plus more... I like to work smart :huh2: Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I'm glad you fixed it! It was the same problem I had back many years ago.

Weird because when I create programs I normally have an average of 6 include files, but bare in mind that some includes are already included in other includes e.g. GDIPlus.au3 has WinAPI.au3 included, so if you use a Function from WinAPI.au3 and GDIPlus.au3 then you only need to include GDIPlus.au3. How I do it is I add the includes I need and when it comes to optimising I start commenting out the includes individually to see if AU3Check fails, if it does then I know I have to include it. Plus I add this to the top of the Script >> #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6 it checks to see if Variable declaration is correct plus more... I like to work smart :huh2:

Interesting and thanks for this piece of advice ; I will try to follow it.