Besides multithreading...

Read this carefully please >> http://www.autoitscript.com/trac/autoit/wiki/AutoItNotOnToDoList

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Sorry, but no where does it mention in your original post "I'm not asking this as a request to be added to AutoIt" so of course one can only presume this was a request.

Edit: I was wrong Aktonius wasn't insinuating a request as first thought.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Sorry, but no where does it mention in your original post "I'm not asking this as a request to be added to AutoIt" so of course one can only presume this was a request.

Because he never requested it.

In fact, it's quite clear that he is asking us what we really consider are the limitations of AutoIt.

For him, it's multi-threading. For me, it's the lack of closures and functionality I'm missing from other languages I use. He's not requesting it.

Thanks James, even id like to hear specifics.

Why are you interested in this information if not to build a list of requested features?

Just trying to learn my limits for tommorow and see how others feel with them.

Sorry all! I somehow didn't see "what do you" so I broke the cardinal rule about assumption. Apologies Aktonius for my previous behaviour. :huh2:

UDF List:

The user is the limiting factor.

For the uninitiated isn't the limiting factor the geniuses who make autoit, its their limitations ( if they have any !! ) that determine how far autoit can be pushed, i know you lot are a right clever bunch, but surely the limitation will always stem from the creator (s).

Only an opinion... :huh2:

Chimaera

For the uninitiated isn't the limiting factor the geniuses who make autoit, its their limitations ( if they have any !! ) that determine how far autoit can be pushed, i know you lot are a right clever bunch, but surely the limitation will always stem from the creator (s).

Chimaera

Valiks point is that AutoIt allows you to do anything. Maybe not natively (as in: standard AutoIt) but that's why they implemented DllCall. There's exampls of running machine code from AutoIt, so in theory you can do anything.

Chimaera

Your inability to understand how to apply my response perfectly demonstrates why I made my response in the first place. Thanks for that. I guess. Edited by Valik
Typo.

my brother say that he's not using autoit only because it dont have double precision that is needed for his math work. i personaly didn't try to find out if that's the case and is there a solution. for me and for work that i need it the most (automating windows based apps for connecting purpos between 2 apps), it dont have any limitations.

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

my brother say that he's not using autoit only because it dont have double precision that is needed for his math work. i personaly didn't try to find out if that's the case and is there a solution. for me and for work that i need it the most (automating windows based apps for connecting purpos between 2 apps), it dont have any limitations.

$double = 2455579.86455553782

MsgBox(0,0,VarGetType($double))

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

To be honest, I misunderstood the OP's comment, too. But now I get it.

I have also wondered what the limits of AutoIt are (maybe a bit differently than the OP was asking, though). I look at the examples in the Example Scripts section to get ideas of how far AutoIt can go. I see some pretty advanced programs there, but to be honest, I haven't seen anything that can rival highly developed programs like 3D video games, Acronis, VirtualBox, Open Office, VMWare, etc. But AutoIt is still in it's infant stages. Considering it's not very old at all, it has come very far, very fast! I think it will be a household name someday.

#include <ByteMe.au3>

For me the major limiting factor is that it is bound to Windows. I know AutoIt is not suited to other OS's but I fail to find anything that comes close to the perfect blend of simplicity and power on Android and other OSs. Granted there are some solutions on Linux but nothing feels as polished as AutoIt. :huh2:

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

To be honest, I misunderstood the OP's comment, too. But now I get it.

I have also wondered what the limits of AutoIt are (maybe a bit differently than the OP was asking, though). I look at the examples in the Example Scripts section to get ideas of how far AutoIt can go. I see some pretty advanced programs there, but to be honest, I haven't seen anything that can rival highly developed programs like 3D video games, Acronis, VirtualBox, Open Office, VMWare, etc. But AutoIt is still in it's infant stages. Considering it's not very old at all, it has come very far, very fast! I think it will be a household name someday.

AutoIt is much better suited for small utilities. Currently writing large apps such as VMWare would be a nightmare due to AutoIts limitations (threading,speed,etc). With programming you either pick something like C++ or .Net which start off harder but scale well to large projects or something like Au3 which starts easy but can get difficult for larger projects.

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.