AdmTools - Help working in IT support!

Sholwa

This is a simple tool for those who are working in IT support, do daily tasks as an administrator. I created this script to help my collages and my work. It allow us to easily luanch several part of the operation system as another user that has admin right on the computer. It can be a local or either a domain user. The explorer shell can be switched betteween the current logged on user and the user we are given. This function could really usefull when we are use Remote Assistance or just dont want to waste time to log off and on multiple times. We can add our custom portable programs into and easily launch them as a separate user.

Please try it and let me know if any bug appears!

LATEST VERSION >>> 2011-08-03

versions: AdmTools 1.1 - download

FEATURES:

• Run many things as a separate user. It can be a local or either a domain user

• Capable to run:
    • the most likely used part of the operation system

• Custom portable programs and batch files which can be added into the program. (ATTENTION: all programs or batch files have to be in the folder or subfolder which is containing AdmTools)

• AdmInterFace: it is created by me and it is based on this Microsoft TechNet Guied. The function allow us to switch the explorer shell betteween the current logged on user and the user(only with admin rights) we are given.

• Option to disable "Run As" feature. This time we can run everything as the current logged on user.

• Useage of a configuration file (AdmConfigs.ini) where the program save the last used domain and username, the state of the disable runas checkbox and the last used GUI, and all of the added programs or batch files.

• Two types of GUI > see screenshots

SCREENSHOTS:

Standard GUI

Posted Image

Compact GUI

Posted Image

CHANGE LOG:

2011-08-03: version 1.1

- created a second "minimal" GUI. It can be changed with the "view --> Compact" menu item

the configuration file save witch GUI used last.

- Added seperator line after "Add/Remove" menu items

2011-07-28:

- allow adding programs in to the "More Tools" menu

- allow adding batch files in to the "cmd" menu next to cmd button

(all programs or batch files have to be in the folder or subfolder which is containing AdmTools)

- added use of a configuration file (AdmConfigs.ini) where the program save the last used domain and username,

the state of the disable runas checkbox, and all of the added programs.

Edited by Sholwa

Not to cast doubt upon you or your hard work, but you will find few people here willing to download and execute an EXE from an offsite server with no source posted by a first-time poster.

Perhaps if you were to provide source code we would be more interested, I am always looking for a way to make my job easier! :huh2:

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

Not to cast doubt upon you or your hard work, but you will find few people here willing to download and execute an EXE from an offsite server with no source posted by a first-time poster.

Perhaps if you were to provide source code we would be more interested, I am always looking for a way to make my job easier! ;)

Ian

I completely understand your oponion, so next day I gonna post the source code too. Its a bit hard to me beacouse its use some included files that I have to share too. Sorry the offsite server too. I used that becasue sience I am a Newbie the server could not let me upload files, so I used my free FTP provided by my ISP.

Thx for the advise, as an outside viewer I think too it is a bit suspicious! :huh2:

As I promised I released the source with my program. if you download the link above its now contain the source files too.

PS. Why is that I cannot edit my topics first post? Its beacuse I am a newbie? Thx.

PS. Why is that I cannot edit my topics first post? Its beacuse I am a newbie? Thx.

Yes, I think there are certain restrictions if you have less than 5 posts. Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As I promised I released the source with my program. if you download the link above its now contain the source files too.

GREAT GREAT GREAT! :huh2:

I'm going to have a look tonight, looking forward to it.

Ian

My projects:

• IP Scanner - Multi-threaded ping tool to scan your available networks for used and available IP addresses, shows ping times, resolves IPs in to host names, and allows individual IPs to be pinged.
  • INFSniff - Great technicians tool - a tool which scans DriverPacks archives for INF files and parses out the HWIDs to a database file, and rapidly scans the local machine's HWIDs, searches the database for matches, and installs them.
  • PPK3 (Persistent Process Killer V3) - Another for the techs - suppress running processes that you need to keep away, helpful when fighting spyware/viruses.
  • Sync Tool - Folder sync tool with lots of real time information and several checking methods.
  • USMT Front End - Front End for Microsoft's User State Migration Tool, including all files needed for USMT 3.01 and 4.01, 32 bit and 64 bit versions.
  • Audit Tool - Computer audit tool to gather vital hardware, Windows, and Office information for IT managers and field techs. Capabilities include creating a customized site agent.
  • CSV Viewer - Displays CSV files with automatic column sizing and font selection. Lines can also be copied to the clipboard for data extraction.
  • MyDirStat - Lists number and size of files on a drive or specified path, allows for deletion within the app.
  • 2048 Game - My version of 2048, fun tile game.
  • Juice Lab - Ecigarette liquid making calculator.
  • Data Protector - Secure notes to save sensitive information.
  • VHD Footer - Add a footer to a forensic hard drive image to allow it to be mounted or used as a virtual machine hard drive.
  • Find in File - Searches files containing a specified phrase.

Hi Sholwa,

First of all, nice idea a simple admin toolbox

- add the $ES_PASSWORD to your password field, this will not show your password but ***

- Change your paypal donation to Dollar if you want other people around the world to donate

- For ipconfig and gpupdate i would suggest you take a look at -> StdoutRead / StdinWrite this will allow you to output the commandline information into an Edit Box

- you can shellexecute a cpl file for example -> shellexecute(@SystemDir & "\sysdm.cpl")

- Your application assume office is installed in c:\program files but this can be different -> see how to retrieve office location

Cheers

Keep up the good work

Best regards,Emiel Wieldraaijer

Hi Sholwa,

First of all, nice idea a simple admin toolbox

- add the $ES_PASSWORD to your password field, this will not show your password but ***

- Change your paypal donation to Dollar if you want other people around the world to donate

- For ipconfig and gpupdate i would suggest you take a look at -> StdoutRead / StdinWrite this will allow you to output the commandline information into an Edit Box

- you can shellexecute a cpl file for example -> shellexecute(@SystemDir & "\sysdm.cpl")

- Your application assume office is installed in c:\program files but this can be different -> see how to retrieve office location

Cheers

Keep up the good work

Hi Emiel,

Thanks all of the suggestions! I am glad to know that you liked the idea.

- Sorry about the password hide, I use that style before, but when I prepared the script for release it was accidently deleted. :)

- I palnned to use something like writing the cmdline information to editbox, so thx now I know how to start. I also planned for that context menu to allow us to add custom pre written batch files. For that I'll have to create a configuration file to sotre the location of the added files. Also planned a "More Tools" menu next to the "Help" menu, where we can add our custom programs we frequently use at work.

- I dont know why but I dont even think about that the office location could be different. Its a big mistake. I'm going to look after that topic you said, shortly.

PS. The password hide bug is now fixed

Edited by Sholwa

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

AdmTools - download

I am just updated my program, if you download the link above then you are downloading the newest version!

changes:

- allow adding programs in to the "More Tools" menu

- allow adding batch files in to the "cmd" menu next to cmd button

(all programs or batch files have to be in the folder or subfolder which is containing AdmTools)

- added use of a configuration file (AdmConfig.ini) where the program save the last used domain and username, the state of the disable runas checkbox,

and all of the added programs.

Edited by Sholwa

HI Sholwa

I Tried Compiling your script under autoit ver 3.3.6.1

but your source file is missing one of the includes

<_GetOfficePath.au3>

would you mind attaching it to the source file so i can give you complete app a test.

thanks

BTW it is a nice app.

Hi barecool!

I completly forgot about that includes, sorry. The zip is now containing the include too.

Thanks!!

HI Sholwa

I Tried Compiling your script under autoit ver 3.3.6.1

but your source file is missing one of the includes

<_GetOfficePath.au3>

would you mind attaching it to the source file so i can give you complete app a test.

thanks

BTW it is a nice app.

@Sholwa

In most cases, it is better to keep your latest update on page #1. Most people will try that script and not look throughout the thread to get the latest version.

Also, there is an excelent program "AdminTools" created by Gary Frost, maybe you could get some insights from his great work too!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Hi javasqlrpg!!

The zip is containing the requested include but you have to copy that into your "..\AutoIt3\include\" directory, or change the path of the include where you keep the " _GetOfficePath.au3" file.

The AutoIt help is give everything to do that.

Ohh and check out the new version!

Hi

Awesome Admin tool!

still the <_GetOfficePath.au3> is missing from includes

Edited by Sholwa

Thanks! I wil going to look that project.

@Sholwa

In most cases, it is better to keep your latest update on page #1. Most people will try that script and not look throughout the thread to get the latest version.

Also, there is an excelent program "AdminTools" created by Gary Frost, maybe you could get some insights from his great work too!

8)

Hi javasqlrpg!!

The zip is containing the requested include but you have to copy that into your "..\AutoIt3\include\" directory, or change the path of the include where you keep the " _GetOfficePath.au3" file.

The AutoIt help is give everything to do that.

Ohh and check out the new version!

Actually, the zip file contains a _GetOfficeKey.au3 file, there is no _GetOfficePath.au3 file in it.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thanks for mention that I copyed the wrong include. Apologize for the mistake! The file is now replaced. Finally :mellow:

Actually, the zip file contains a _GetOfficeKey.au3 file, there is no _GetOfficePath.au3 file in it.