TCP Question

Hello all,

I am very new to AutoIt, just discovered the other day (getting the hang of it pretty well). Just to save time and head aches, I have a question about TCP clients.

Basically, I am trying to connect to a server. The server authenticates you requiring username, password (sha256), has you send a few other things in to check before you get to the nitty gritty. All that so far works fine.

What I am stuck with now is trying to determine with AutoIt the best way to keep a reception loop going. The connection shouldn't close until I manually tell it to, and the entire time I will be receiving different bits of data and occasionally sending some data in return (else you get booted).

I know bot making is kinda frowned upon, but given the situation and the fact that I've got permission to create these (for a game, the bots we make allow us to create mini games and store mod related data for record keeping).

What would be the best way of handling this? :S

Well - it seem you are aware that game "automation", game bots, game help or whatever related is a forbidden topic ... yet you open one.

The fact that you are admitting it is about a game (making you "appear" honest...) is not changing the outcome at all. The RULES are for everyone.

Honest or not - you are still breaking the rules.

Reporting the thread.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Yea, I briefly saw someone mention it in another topic. Would it help to edit the post and remove anything about that? :huh2: I'm simply trying to understand a ping-pong type of loop with tcp connections.

You should have thought of that before you decided to pointlessly announce it was for a game. If you bring this subject up again you will be removed from the forum. Do not PM me.