Merge Help Files, And SciTE config files

Hi forum, i try i quick search and i dont find anything..

I have downloaded the WinAPIEx UDF and The Resources UDF, bout have "au3.user.calltips.api" and "au3.userudfs.properties" files... my question is ¿How i properly install that files?

Also some UDFs have Help Files, ¿How install that too?

Ms999.

Riddle me this.

Why you keep postin "¿"?

¿Why you post that?

Anyway i post because i want to know how can i do that.... :S

EDIT : Sorry but i dont get it... :S

I already look the FAQ on wiki...

¿It is posible?

Edited by monoscout999

I know we post for knowledge.

I'm asking what "¿" means?

aaaaaaaaaah i know, sorry im from argentina and im used to write in spanish

Spanish question = ¿Como?

English question = How?

So my question is...

..It is possible merge the Scite Help and config files, with the ones that comes with the UDFs that i download from this forum?

If this is possible. How can i do that?

Edited by monoscout999

I am not certain I know what you need.

But I got a link from M23 recently http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=888208

Which shows how to add the calltips to scite from a UDF.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

I am not certain I know what you need.

But I got a link from M23 recently http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?act=findpost&pid=888208

Which shows how to add the calltips to scite from a UDF.

Thanks that is usefull, i write the files manually, but still i dont know how to merge the help files, to get the help of that function when i press F1

You wouldn't be able to merge them so that hitting F1 in Scite will bring up help info on that function. SciTE is programmed to open the AutoIT help file when you do that. If there were a way to decompile the .chm help files you might be able to rebuild it with the other functions help file merged into it, but I haven't done any looking to see if that was possible.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

You can use 7-Zip to see the contents of a .chm File. But I really think it will get messy and time consuming every time WinAPIEx.au3 is updated. For the record I just have both Help Files side by when coding.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

What Help files are you talking about? If it's the Standard UDFs then they already work in Scite. If it's a non-standard UDF then it probably doesn't even include a help file. And none of those contain help "Files" they just have "Pages" in the Standard AutoIt Help file Look under User Defined Functions which as I stated above already works in Scite.

Also Remember that Scite4AutoIt3 is a third party tool even though there is a cut down version of it included in the AutoIt installer.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• 8 months later...

I think i gonna request some kind of tool inprovement... it will be nice have the chance to use the help files that comes with the UDFs directly from SciTe

I've been trying to do a merge myself. I downloaded a free chm merge tool. But it was written before Vista came out. I run it on Windows Seven and it just does nothing when I save the chm set. There's supposed to be a newer version, ABC Amber 2.04 chm merger tool. But I haven't been able to download it. The publisher's page no longer has any download link. It would be nice if there was an easy way to merge the help. What I'm doing now to look up WinAPIEx functions is using a hotkey tray app that opens WinAPIEx.chm via KeyHH then marcros in the function name via key Send. But I have to know which names are WinAPIEx and which are WinAPI. So I have to hit F1 first, then if that doesn't work, hit F2. There's got to be a better way.

just use html help workshop. it will allow you to extract the old autoit project. then you can just add the scite help to the autoitm.hhc file and recompile. that file is just a merge stub that merges the autoit3 help and udfs3 help files.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

HtmlHelp is not my favorite way to waste time. It would be nice the have the tool in case somebody else creates html help with yet another UDF. I don't want to be decompiling by hand. I did HtmlHelp years ago for a small project I wrote and it's a royal pita for small stuff. I had an hlp help script that created and .hlp file from text and screen shots in about 5 minutes of effort. Hate to get bogged in this stuff just to get context sensitive help.

Seems no tool will complete even under XP. Really bizarre.

Edited by MilesAhead

I have downloaded the WinAPIEx UDF and The Resources UDF, bout have "au3.user.calltips.api" and "au3.userudfs.properties" files... my question is ¿How i properly install that files?

You can use UDF Keyword Manager from my sig. if it still works in newer AutoIt versions.

Guess the thing to do for the time being is keep using my hotkey hack. If I use auto complete it at least tells me the include file. That way I can distinguish WinAPI from WinAPIEx calls and hit F2. Just frustrated that none of these HtmlHelp merge programs work. Seems like as soon as I start looking for anything HtmlHelp related the publishers pull the freebies from their web pages but leave the dead links. :oops:

Even MS download page for HtmlHelp SDK is "down for maintenance" it seems!

Edited by MilesAhead

this whole chm file thing shouldn't take any more than 10 minutes assuming you don't work with chm projects often. if you do work with chm on a steady basis then you should be ashamed of yourself if it takes longer than half that.

tip;

if you have never decompiled a chm file; open a command prompt and type hh.exe /? and look at the /d switch.

George

Dude. It's easy to say that once you've done it already. I created a project from decompiled AutoIt.chm and added AutoIt3, UDF and WinAPIEx to the merge tab. But no matter how many times I add the WinAPIEx.hhc to the Contents tab, it changes the forward slash to a backslash. I won't let me enter the link to the .hhc file. It comples the .chm but when opened I get "bad link to toc" error. There's a trick to doing it and I'd appreciate you telling the trick instead of pontificating how smart you are!