Need some help with a loader screen

hello .. i am trying to make a loader screen . I tried using a window and making it transparent and then tried putting the png over it, and then a IE com as a layered window over it to show the gif of the loader. However , the problem is that i cant implement the transparent png over the gui window . All i want to be displayed on the screen is a with a IE object on top of it. kind of like a splash screen image. Can someone give me an example how to go on about with this one ? :huh2: thanks in advance .

You want a gif in a IE window ontop of a png ?

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

you mean like this?

;Sample 1
ToolTip('Downloading background image, please wait',0,0)
if not FileExists('bak2.png') Then InetGet("http://tinyurl.com/6jbew48", "bak2.png")
if not FileExists('grey.gif') Then InetGet("http://tinyurl.com/6x7hh96", "grey.gif")
ToolTip('')

$MY_GUIIMAGE = 'bak2.png'
$MY_GUIIMAGE2 = 'grey.gif'

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1); Change to OnEvent mode
HotKeySet('{esc}','_exit'); ALT+1 Show / Hode Gui to tray

#include <GDIPlus.au3>; this is where the magic happens, people
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 0)

Global Const $AC_SRC_ALPHA = 1
        ;~ Global Const $ULW_ALPHA         = 2
        Global $old_string = "", $runthis = ""

; Load PNG file as GDI bitmap
        _GDIPlus_Startup()
        $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($MY_GUIIMAGE) ; This is UR GUI IMAGE

; Extract image width and height from PNG
        $width = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
        $height = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)

; Create layered window
        $GUI = GUICreate("The Main Gui pic", $width, $height, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)
        SetBitmap($GUI, $hImage, 0)
        ; Register notification messages
        GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "WM_NCHITTEST")
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
        ;fade in png background
        For $i = 0 To 255 Step 10
            SetBitmap($GUI, $hImage, $i)
            Sleep(50)
        Next

; create child MDI gui window to hold controls
        ; this part could use some work - there is some flicker sometimes...
        Global $GUI_NAME = GUICreate('childgui', $width, $height, 4, 0, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_MDICHILD), $GUI)

; child window transparency is required to accomplish the full effect, so $WS_EX_LAYERED above, and
        ; I think the way this works is the transparent window color is based on the image you set here:
        GUICtrlCreatePic($MY_GUIIMAGE2, 0, 0, $width, $height)
        GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE)

$Label_Create = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Press esc to exit', 100, 106, 86, 17)
        GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xffffff)
        GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

; ====================================================================================================
; Handle the WM_NCHITTEST for the layered window so it can be dragged by clicking anywhere on the image.
; ====================================================================================================
Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    If ($hWnd = $GUI) And ($iMsg = $WM_NCHITTEST) Then Return $HTCAPTION
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NCHITTEST

; SetBitMap
Func SetBitmap($hGUI, $hImage, $iOpacity)
    Local $hScrDC, $hMemDC, $hBitmap, $hOld, $pSize, $tSize, $pSource, $tSource, $pBlend, $tBlend

$hScrDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)
    $hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hScrDC)
    $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImage)
    $hOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hBitmap)
    $tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE)
    $pSize = DllStructGetPtr($tSize)
    DllStructSetData($tSize, "X", _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage))
    DllStructSetData($tSize, "Y", _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage))
    $tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)
    $pSource = DllStructGetPtr($tSource)
    $tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION)
    $pBlend = DllStructGetPtr($tBlend)
    DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Alpha", $iOpacity)
    DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Format", $AC_SRC_ALPHA)
    _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI, $hScrDC, 0, $pSize, $hMemDC, $pSource, 0, $pBlend, $ULW_ALPHA)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hScrDC)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hOld)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hMemDC)
EndFunc   ;==>SetBitmap
While 1
    Sleep(100); Idle around
WEnd
Func _exit()
    GUIDelete($GUI_NAME)
    ;fade out png background
    For $i = 255 To 0 Step -10
        SetBitmap($GUI, $hImage, $i)
    Next

; Release resources
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hImage)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
    Sleep(700)
    FileDelete('bak2.png')
    FileDelete('grey.gif')
  Exit
EndFunc
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

whoa ;) that was amazing ... far better than anything i had planned ... thanks a lot ... err help me with one more thing . i dun understand the use of the grey.gif though :huh2: . bdw .. if i need to use a loader gif on top of the png do i use a IE control ?

whoa ;) that was amazing ... far better than anything i had planned ... thanks a lot ... err help me with one more thing . i dun understand the use of the grey.gif though :huh2: . bdw .. if i need to use a loader gif on top of the png do i use a IE control ?

You do not need to touch grey.gif, it must always be included, all you need to do is, to change the bak2.png. Just replace it with any other image & it will work. if you want to get this cool gui shape it must be npg image with transparent background.

Edited by goldenix
My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

yeah that much i understood about the png thingy .... but

You do not need to touch grey.gif, it must always be included

err can u please explain why any other xyz gif would serve the same purpose ???

bdw ... i added this to the code of yours and i get a perfect solution to my problem . Thanks a lot . Do make an effort to explain about the grey.gif :huh2:

$Label_Create = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Loading', 120, 106, 86, 17)

GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xffffff)

GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT)

Global $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded()

Global $history = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, $width/3+20,104, 160, 17)

;_IEHeadInsertEventScript($oIE, $history, "oncontextmenu", "return false")

_IENavigate($oIE, "about:blank")

$oIE.document.write('<body onselectstart="return false" oncontextmenu="return false" onclick="return false" ondragstart="return false" ondragover="return false">')

$oIE.document.body.style.border = "0px"

$oIE.document.body.topmargin = 0

$oIE.document.body.leftmargin = 0

$oIE.document.body.scroll = "no"

$oIE.document.body.bgcolor = 0x010101

$oIE.document.body.style.backgroundColor = 0x010101

$oIE.document.body.style.borderWidth = 0

$oIE.document.body.style.backgroundImage = "url(C:\Desktop3\loader.gif)";

$oIE.document.body.style.backgroundPosition='center center';

$oIE.document.body.style.backgroundRepeat='no-repeat';

yeah that much i understood about the png thingy .... but

Do make an effort to explain about the grey.gif :huh2:

Forget the gray gif. Try this no gray gif needed:

#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>

ToolTip('Downloading background image, please wait',0,0)
if not FileExists('bak2.png') Then InetGet("http://tinyurl.com/6jbew48", "bak2.png")
ToolTip('')

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1); Change to OnEvent mode
HotKeySet('{esc}','_exit'); ALT+1 Show / Hode Gui to tray

_GDIPlus_Startup()
$GUI = _GUICreate_Alpha("Look at the shiny", "bak2.png", 100, 162)
$myGuiHandle = WinGetHandle("Look at the shiny")
$hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND ($myGuiHandle)
GUISetState()

$butGui = GUICreate("ControlGUI", 400, 400, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_MDICHILD), $myGuiHandle)
GUISetBkColor(0xABCDEF)

$label          = GUICtrlCreateLabel('Checkbox', 118, 130, 122, 22)
$btnCheckBox   = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox('Checkbox', 100, 130, 12, 12)
$btnCheckBox2   = GUICtrlCreateRadio('radio', 100, 150, 12, 12)
$radio          = GUICtrlCreateLabel('radio', 118, 149, 112, 12)

$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton('exit', 110, 220, 60, 23)
    GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x5099C0)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)

$label   = GUICtrlCreateLabel('_   x', 350, 25, 50, 25)
    GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF)

_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($butGui, 0xABCDEF, 255)

;This allows the png to be dragged by clicking anywhere on the main image.
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "WM_NCHITTEST")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($Button1, "_exit")
GUISetState()

Func _GUICreate_Alpha($sTitle, $sPath, $iX=-1, $iY=-1, $iOpacity=255)
    Local $hGUI, $hImage, $hScrDC, $hMemDC, $hBitmap, $hOld, $pSize, $tSize, $pSource, $tSource, $pBlend, $tBlend
    $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($sPath)
    $width = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage)
    $height = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage)
    $hGUI = GUICreate($sTitle, $width, $height, $iX, $iY, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED)

$hScrDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)
    $hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hScrDC)
    $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImage)
    $hOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hBitmap)
    $tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE)
    $pSize = DllStructGetPtr($tSize)
    DllStructSetData($tSize, "X", $width)
    DllStructSetData($tSize, "Y", $height)
    $tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)
    $pSource = DllStructGetPtr($tSource)
    $tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION)
    $pBlend = DllStructGetPtr($tBlend)
    DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Alpha", $iOpacity)
    DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Format", 1)
    _WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI, $hScrDC, 0, $pSize, $hMemDC, $pSource, 0, $pBlend, 2)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hScrDC)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hOld)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hImage)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hMemDC)
EndFunc ;==>_GUICreate_Alpha

Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    If ($hwnd = WinGetHandle("Look at the shiny")) And ($iMsg = $WM_NCHITTEST) Then
    Return $HTCAPTION
    EndIf
EndFunc

Func _exit()
    _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic)
    _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
     GUIDelete($GUI)
    Sleep(200)
    FileDelete('bak2.png')
  Exit
EndFunc

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

errr ... i loved the former ... thanks anyway for showing me the way ;) bdw ... the minimize and cancel buttons dun work nor can the gui be dragged! :huh2:

close in the top right corner is not supposed to work. Its just a label. can be coded to, if mousepos this label coords & left mouse button cliked close gui.

I adve no problems dragging gui.

You probably just tried to click on the label area & tried to drag, you must click on an empty area to drag it.

im using autoit ver 3.3.6.1

if you are using the same, then i have no clue

I'm using 3.3.6.1 and I can't get it to move either. You overlaid the GUI with another GUI (Control GUI) and it's interfering with the WM_NCHITTEST function. If I change that to point to the Control GUI, then only the controls move. If I comment out the If...Then statement in the WM_NCHITTEST function, I can move the control gui by itself, and if I move the main gui they both move together.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I'm using 3.3.6.1 and I can't get it to move either. You overlaid the GUI with another GUI (Control GUI) and it's interfering with the WM_NCHITTEST function. If I change that to point to the Control GUI, then only the controls move. If I comment out the If...Then statement in the WM_NCHITTEST function, I can move the control gui by itself, and if I move the main gui they both move together.

How comes only I can move it? & i use same code iposted in post nr 8#

Check this made a capture, it works.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nrsjm8duy7jsrd2