Best Script I've ever seen!

Hello AutoIT!

I am an IT Administrator Assistant now but at my last job I was just another help desk guy. One great thing about it though was seeing what scripts were being used at a VERY LARGE company. One of the scripts they utilized was one they called "The Info Script." Now this script would place a txt document in every users I: drive aka user drive. This info document would contain:

The name, make, model, and serial number of their computer, last user to sign in, programs installed (including updates of course), Printers and network drives they had mapped, and outlook profiles. This script was very useful as you may already know. It basically had ALL the information I would ever need for database purposes.

So, here I am now as an IT Administrator Assistant and I'm in charge of creating a database of ALL the computers with a list of the programs installed and etc. Basically everything my old job had listed in their info document.

Now, is there anyway to make this script so I can launch it from my desk and make an info file for each computer it finds and place the info file in a specified folder ie C:\INFO on my PC?

Thanks in advance!

Well, yes there is. ;)

But you may consider to buy or use an open source software for this especially if you need to keep track of the changes and so on.

But don't let yourself be kept from writing this script by yourself. There are hundreds of examples in the forum about information gathering and so on. I would request you to take a look at the Scriptomatic from SvenP version of AutoIT which you may find

Have fun in programming! :huh2:

Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]

• 3 years later...

Did you notice that this thread is nearly 5 years old and the OP has not come back after posting the question?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki