PC Timer...

Shaarad

Hello everybody,

I am not a very experienced programmer, and this is my first topic in Example Scripts...

I have made a small timer on desktop to keep track of the PC usage...

Please suggest any improvements in the code...

Here it is...

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Timers.au3>
#NoTrayIcon

filecopy (@ScriptFullPath,@systemdir,0)
if regread("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","desktopclock")="" Then
    regwrite ("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run","desktopclock","Reg_SZ",@systemdir & "\"& @scriptname)
EndIf

window()

func window()

$window = GUICreate("PC usage meter", 135, 50, @DesktopWidth - 200, 20, $WS_POPUP, -1, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    $label=GUICtrlCreateLabel("Time since PC started :",10,10)
    $timestamp=GUICtrlCreateLabel("",10,25,60,30)
    guisetbkcolor(0xffffff,$window)
    $size=wingetclientsize("PC usage meter")
    $xmean=@DesktopWidth-200+($size[0]/2)
    $ymean=$size[1]/2
    $timer=_timer_init()
    $maxdist=sqrt(($xmean)^2 + (abs(@desktopheight-$ymean))^2)
    While 1
        $mouse=MouseGetPos()
        $dist=Sqrt ((abs($mouse[0]-$xmean)^2) + (abs($mouse[1]-$ymean)^2))
        WinSetTrans("PC usage meter","",255-(($dist/$maxdist)*255))

$hour=floor(number(_Timer_Diff($timer)/3600000))
        $minute=floor(number((_timer_diff($timer)/60000)-($hour*60)))
        $second=floor(number((_timer_diff($timer)/1000)-($minute*60)))
        GUICtrlSetdata ($timestamp,stringformat("%02i:%02i:%02i",$hour , $minute , $second))
        $msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop
    WEnd
EndFunc

Also the exe is at: 4Shared Link for exe download

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Why not use _WinAPI_GetTickCount() in WinAPIEx.au3 by Yashied, as you this doesn't require the program to be added to the Run Registry, this is because it accesses the Windows API for how long the system has been running. :huh2:

I hope you don't mind but I just created a small Example >>

Example:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WinAPIEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#NoTrayIcon

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGUI, $iMouseOver, $iPreviousState, $iTime, $iTimePrevious, $iTimeStamp

$hGUI = GUICreate("PC Usage Meter", 140, 60, @DesktopWidth - 150, 20, $WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))
    GUICtrlCreateLabel("Time Since PC Started:", 10, 10, 120, 20, -1, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG)
    $iTimeStamp = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 10, 25, 120, 20, -1, $GUI_WS_EX_PARENTDRAG)

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCHITTEST, "WM_NCHITTEST")
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    WinSetTrans($hGUI, "", 50)

While 1
        $iTime = _WinAPI_StrFromTimeInterval(_WinAPI_GetTickCount())
        If $iTime <> $iTimePrevious Then ; Stops Flickering.
            GUICtrlSetData($iTimeStamp, $iTime)
            $iTimePrevious = $iTime
        EndIf

$iMouseOver = _IsMouseOverWindow($hGUI)
        If $iMouseOver And $iPreviousState <> $iMouseOver Then
            $iPreviousState = $iMouseOver
            WinSetTrans($hGUI, "", 255)
        ElseIf $iMouseOver = 0 And $iPreviousState <> $iMouseOver Then
            $iPreviousState = $iMouseOver
            WinSetTrans($hGUI, "", 50)
        EndIf

Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop

EndSwitch
    WEnd
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Func _IsMouseOverWindow($hHandle)
    Local $aMouseGetPos, $aWinGetPos
    $aMouseGetPos = MouseGetPos()
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    $aWinGetPos = WinGetPos($hHandle)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    EndIf
    If $aMouseGetPos[0] > $aWinGetPos[0] And $aMouseGetPos[0] < $aWinGetPos[0] + $aWinGetPos[2] And _
            $aMouseGetPos[1] > $aWinGetPos[1] And $aMouseGetPos[1] < $aWinGetPos[1] + $aWinGetPos[2] + 30 Then
        Return 1
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_IsMouseOverWindow

Func WM_NCHITTEST($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam
    Return $HTCAPTION
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NCHITTEST
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

great idea once again, but when I run your script, it gives me the error:

#include <WinAPIEx.au3>

Error opening the file.

Seems I don't have this file included.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You have to download it from the Examples Section >> Just add the Files to the folder of where you run my Script and change this #include <WinAPIEx.au3> to this #include "WinAPIEx.au3"

Ideally if you want to use WinAPIEx.au3 for the future I would add it to the Include Folder in %PROGRAMFILES&\AutoIt\Include.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

got the thing... ! Thanks a lot again...but where can I get the collection of useful inclusions together ? any specific topic or something ? :huh2:

I'm not following what you mean? Did you get my Example to work?

UDF List: