IE.au3 - Access Form from local file

I am trying to get IE.au3 to access a form on a (local) HTML page. I tried this three ways:

• Referencing the file using File:/// {displays the page but can't access the form/fields}
  • Referencing the file as Http://localhost... with the file in my local test server directory and the Apache server running {same as previous - can't access the form/fields}
  • From a real server. (worked as normal - accessed the form/fields successfully)

I know that some things will work from local files because I managed to get the TinyMCE editor running from a local html page that I navigate to using File:/// In that case, I can read and write to the textarea used by TinyMCE on that page (using IE.au3).

Anyone have any experience with this or have any thoughts on whether this is possible or things that I could try?

I solved my own problem and it was nothing to do with the form or ie.au3 The object reference for the the browser object was getting lost so after that, obviously none of the ie.au3 functions were going to work.