Having problems compiling scripts

• Developers

When I press "Compile", I get an error message (there is about 3 or 4 different in total), and I have to try many times before it actually compiles it.

Why is this happening?

care to share what error you get?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

And how do you expect us to help you with something when you don't tell us what something is?

You have to give us something to work on here.

Copy-paste the messages you get.

Show output from SciTE.

Post a reproducer.

Something like that.

Sorry guys..

The errors are as following:

Error: Error opening the destination file

Error: Unable to execute upx.exe to compress stub file:

Upx: C:\Scripts\AutoIt\CD-Rom.exe: IOExeption: C:\Scripts\AutoIt\CD-Rom.exe: Permission denied

I am administrator on my own computer, so I should have the permission to do this right?

Upx: C:\Scripts\AutoIt\CD-Rom.exe: IOExeption: rename error: File exists

In this case, the file has been created before, but I also get this error message when it is a completely new script with a unique name..

Do you need more help?

Error: Error opening the destination file

Upx: C:\Scripts\AutoIt\CD-Rom.exe: IOExeption: C:\Scripts\AutoIt\CD-Rom.exe: Permission denied

I am administrator on my own computer, so I should have the permission to do this right?

Upx: C:\Scripts\AutoIt\CD-Rom.exe: IOExeption: rename error: File exists

It's obviously IO related. Did you try disabling stuff that touches the file (anti-virus, syncing, others), close any explorer windows that is on the folder (and the opposite), and so on?

If all else fails, you could just disable UPX in the compiler and do it yourself afterwards.

• 8 months later...

Ok, well it's not good to post in an old thread, but since you haven't figured it out, firstly, I would put all 3 commands on a different line, like this:

CDTray ("E:", "Open")
Sleep ( 3000 )
CDTray ("E:", "Close")

Then, I would try and compile it with UPX disabled. Many viruses use UPX so now it has been marked as suspicious by most virus scanners. If that fails, try disabling your antivirus for 10 or so minutes. Most antiviruses have this option but it's not easy to get to (for example, I use AVG and I need to go into the program's options to get to it) so a google round is definately going to help there. If it has the option to re-enable after a certain amount of time, for example, it provides you with a dropdown box or an input box and asks how long you want it disabled for, say about 10 minutes. This should get you enough time to compile the script. If it still doesn't work then, you should probably make a new thread telling us the error. This is an old thread, it really should be over and done with.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Mikeman27294