compiling for standalone operation

Hi guys,

New newb here :)

i've been playing around with the autoit scripting, played with some of the excellent examples from here.

Im having some weird issue with compiling and im not sure whats going on.

When i run the script, it runs fine.

when i compile the script to exe and run it on my machine where autoit is installed, it works fine.

When i copy the newly compiled exe to another machine that does not have autoit installed and run it, it just dosn't work. it dosn't give any errors, just dosn't work.

So as a test i installed autoit on another machine, copied the newly compiled exe to this machine and ran it.. and it worked !

is there a way of compiling to run without the need to a full install of autoit ?

cheers

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

It's not necessary to have AutoIt installed on all machines where you will run a compiled script. After you finish your script, if you use as editor SciTE press CTRL+F7 to compile your script. If not go Start -> All Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> Compile script to .exe and you will get the window to compile your scripts.

When the words fail... music speaks.

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

It's not necessary to have AutoIt installed on all machines where you will run a compiled script. After you finish your script, if you use as editor SciTE press CTRL+F7 to compile your script. If not go Start -> All Programs -> AutoIt v3 -> Compile script to .exe and you will get the window to compile your scripts.

yup, done all that, from outside and inside and compiled from contextual in dir...

all roads lead to the same.

i think the problem is im trying to run it on a windows 2003 32bit server, the script im using alters the run and run once rget keys to cater for idle and not idle in cpu loads... its works fine on a windows 7 professional 32 bit system, and vista business 32bit but not on 2003 or 2008....

i think i might need to kick something in a while :)