Fill in file name in save file diailog box

I'm writing my first AU3 script and need a little help with a file save diaglog. I'm calling IE to load an .JPG file via my script (that is working properly). I then attempt to save the image using the SEND function. It works up until I attempt to fill in the file name. I read the file name from a source file (image_001.jpg). I have the file in a variable ($picture). How do I script this so that it fills in the name and send the ALT+s key? Also I would like to be able to handle the duplicate file name diaglog box handling (not a big issue).

TIA.

I'm writing my first AU3 script and need a little help with a file save diaglog. I'm calling IE to load an .JPG file via my script (that is working properly). I then attempt to save the image using the SEND function. It works up until I attempt to fill in the file name. I read the file name from a source file (image_001.jpg). I have the file in a variable ($picture). How do I script this so that it fills in the name and send the ALT+s key? Also I would like to be able to handle the duplicate file name diaglog box handling (not a big issue).

TIA.

sorce code would be nice, look at the helpfile's send funcion if you want to send something using the alt key i think you would have to use the ! key

If you have the Au3Info use ControlSend() OR look at the IE Functions.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

If you have the Au3Info use ControlSend() OR look at the IE Functions.

I was just reading the help info for controls and figured it would lead me to how to send a $string to the save as diaglog.

sorce code would be nice, look at the helpfile's send funcion if you want to send something using the alt key i think you would have to use the ! key

I didn't thing it would be necesary to include the "send( "keys", [flag] ). I have reviewed the helpfile's send function. I'm looking for a way to send a dynamic string as "keys". I can send a static string just fine.

hi hobie,

Simply drop a variable into the Send() function like:

$myKeys="abc"
Send($myKeys)

You may also want to have a look at InetGet() in the help-file for downloading files with ease.

Hope this helps :)

-smartee

hi hobie,

Simply drop a variable into the Send() function like:

$myKeys="abc"
Send($myKeys)

You may also want to have a look at InetGet() in the help-file for downloading files with ease.

Hope this helps :)

-smartee

smartee,

I was using the form "Send(&picture)". Just noticed the "ampersand" character instead of the "dollar sign" character. Now it runs as expected. Thanks for confirming.

-hobie