WinWaitActive

you have installed with autoit, autoit window info...when you run the setup click on the finder tool in the auto it window info and catch your setup then in the autoit window info click on the summary and use the data to complete the winwaitactive

can Someone please edit this line so it will work?

WinWaitActive("SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Setup","").

Or where can I find a place where it shows how to do this? John

Perhaps look in the help file for "WinTitleMatchMode (Option)" and the help file will tell you how to properly use WinWaitActive as well.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

can Someone please edit this line so it will work?

WinWaitActive("SUPERAntiSpyware Professional Setup","").

Or where can I find a place where it shows how to do this? John

you have installed with autoit, autoit window info.

after you install run window info

looks like dis

$TITLE = WinGetTitle("[CLASS:ZElementClient Window]")

$WINNAME1 = WinSetTitle($TITLE, "", "ZX Online Bot")

$WINNAME = WinGetTitle("ZX Online Bot")

• 3 weeks later...

you should take a look at this website Ninite.com there you can autoinstall the most uptodate SAS without the need to automate the install process.

but to answer your question what I have been doing and its fairly easy is use the autoit MacroGenerator located in

"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoItMacroGenerator"

once you run the install what I do is click the top of the SAS install window.(the title bar)

so in your MacroGenerator will automatically populate with the correct code you desire.

• 4 weeks later...

IS there a WinWaitActivate?

Posted Image

How do I use it?

Posted Image

Here is my code it always pauses the script, so I assume there is an error, am I right ?

Kinda depends on what you understand as being a error. No?

- code not doing what you want or expect it to do.

Apparently.

:mellow:

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

:) Instead of telling me to read the manual please come up some ideas for a solution! If you did, thank you it was greatly appreciated. If you could please tell me where to look in the manual! I may have looked in the wrong place. I am new at this :mellow::) :) and am using SciTE4AutoIt3.exe and it seems to create nothing but errors. Thank you for your understanding! John Edited by RBCC

WinWaitActivate is not a native AutoIt function, but it is a function made up of several native AutoIt functions. Look at the code in dk.au3 and look up the AutoIt functions that make up the UDF (User Defined Function) _WinWaitActivate. As to why this code isn't working out for you (or doing what you expect), I don't know. Post #3, by Lurchman, may be of most help here, the WinTitleMatchMode part..

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

please come up some ideas for a solution!

sure.

But ... as you deleted the post with your problem code.

I think its save to assume you solved your ('_WinWaitActivate()' or 'WinWaitActive()') problem.

So some additional tips.

- Learn how to use the search feature of the manual(s). (it kinda sucks, but is better than none)

- Same for using the forum search feature of course.

- Prevent your posts from looking like a 'Hi, I'm a newbie/beginner ... please fix my code for me.'

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...