Array Limit

Hy AutoIters

I have a Problem. I have an Array, which i want to fill with 9856 Entries.

When I tell the Script to return those Entries it fails at the 4087th entry...

I havent a code sample yet. Trying to reproduce. just asking. Caus maybe there is a Limit I don't know.

I use tha latest Beta .55

Say: "Chuchichäschtli"My UDFs:_PrintImage UDF_WinAnimate UDFGruess Raindancer

Looks like it isn't a problem of the Arrays, but from the _GUICtrlListview... UDFs...

I try to reproduce them, and post some code...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup , you have guessed right , you have hit the limit for listview control 4096 items i understand.

HardCopy :)

ps to the devlopers of autoit -

out of interest will this limit ever likely be overcome in a future release?

Contributions: UDF _DateYearFirstChildren are like Farts, you can just about stand your own.Why am I not a Vegetarian?...Well...my ancestors didn't fight & evolve to the Top of the food chain for me to survive on Salad

Yup , you have guessed right , you have hit the limit for listview control 4096 items i understand.

HardCopy :)

ps to the devlopers of autoit -

out of interest will this limit ever likely be overcome in a future release?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably not, unless they quit supporting 95 and 98

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

You would be supprised as to how many people still have them, I had to force them to quit supporting 95 and 98 where I work, and pretty soon I'll have to do the same for 2K.

Gary

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

And an OS Detection which breaks this limit is also no possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the same thing :) but if it hasn't been done yet, theres probablly a good explination as to why.
FootbaG

We want to support all versions of 32 bit (or better) Windows, that is Win95, Win98, WinME, as well as the NT engined OS's: NT, 2000, 2003, XP. We want scripts to be able to run without modification from one OS to another. So what runs on XP should run on 98 as well.

That being said, we could add a check to determine the size based on OS and then the scripter would have to check to make sure that OS can actually handle this large an array. If somebody writes a script on XP and I run it on my Win98 machine, then when the ListView blows up becuase the array contains 6000 elements, I complain that the script does not work. I guess that the decision was made to pick the minimum consistant behaviour to avoid this type of scenario.

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

• 3 months later...