Script Editor issues?

I have several issues with the script editor

1. there is no "new autoit script" under the new menu

2. I cannot preview anything in koda without copying and pasting it into script editor, saving it, and then running it...

it keeps saying it cannot find the right program to run the .au3 file

3. It cannot run any or edit any .au3 files...there is no edit with option or anything...i have to open it in notepad and copy/paste again

please help...it is very annoying to copy and paste everything i need to edit :)

/running windows 7 x64 if it matters

thanks ;)

Have you installed the full version of SciTe4AutoIt3? Or have you just installed AutoIt3 and are using the basic SciTE package that comes with it? If you install the full Scite4AutoIt3 package you should be able to do what you want.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

SciTe is a general purpose editor and is not designed for AutoIt alone so "New> AutoIt file" doesn't exist but New file does. You save it with the au3 extension and you have your script. As far as I know Koda (part of the SciTe4AutoIt3 package) does not contain code to export to the editor. It's also a 3rd party addon and has no direct connection to any version of SciTe.

Your problem with file associations is usually handles by the AutoIt installer. It appears as if the registry keys are missing. Did you actually run the Installer package or did you just use the SFX version to install AutoIt?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Check this registry key to see if you have done an override on the installer settings :

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

i went to the .au3 folder in regedit...but there is no userchoice folder or key...just 2 folders named OpenWithList and OpenWithProgids

So what do you see when you rightclick an au3 file in the Explorer?

What OS are you running?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

i see open, open, edit, edit with notepad++

all options other than edit with notepad++ open it up with the default notepad

i am running windows 7

edit--

i also have the problem with the new submenu as described by the thread you pointed me 2

a solution will be forever appreciated, thanks you! :)

Edited by autoitman1

• Developers

You can also run this script from SciTE (F5) and post the output.

; Scriptname: Get_AU3_Settings.au3
; Script to display Registry setting for SciTE/AutoIt3/Helpfile Open Button
;
If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\Autoit3.exe') then
    MsgBox(16,"Autoit3.exe error",'File Autoit3.exe not found. Place this script in the AutoIt3 program directory and run it again.')
    Exit
EndIf
If Not FileExists(@ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe') then
    MsgBox(16,"SciTE.exe error",'File ..\SciTE\SciTE.exe not found. Something is not installer the standard way. Exiting.')
    Exit
EndIf
$Open_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"'
$Edit_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"'
if @OSArch = "X64" then
    $Run_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\AutoIt3_x64.exe" "%1" %*'
Else
    $Run_SciTe = '"' & @ScriptDir & '\AutoIt3.exe" "%1" %*'
EndIf
$Open = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Open\Command", "")
$Edit = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Edit\Command", "")
$Run = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Run\Command", "")
$Default = RegRead("HKCR\AutoIt3Script\Shell", "")
$FixedOpen = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3", "Application")
$FixedOpenW7 = RegRead("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.au3\Userchoice", "ProgId")
ConsoleWrite("+****************************************************************************************" &@CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("+* Current setting: " &@CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("+*        Default action:" & $Default & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("+*                   Run:" & $Run & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("+*                  Open:" & $Open & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("+*                  Edit:" & $Edit & @CRLF)
If $FixedOpen <> "" Then ConsoleWrite("!*      Always open with:" & $FixedOpen & @CRLF)
If $FixedOpenw7 <> "" Then ConsoleWrite("!* Always open with Win7:" & $FixedOpenw7 & @CRLF)
ConsoleWrite("+****************************************************************************************" &@CRLF)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

i see open, open, edit, edit with notepad++

all options other than edit with notepad++ open it up with the default notepad

i am running windows 7

edit--

i also have the problem with the new submenu as described by the thread you pointed me 2

a solution will be forever appreciated, thanks you! :)

So you have done the association yourself for Notepad++

anyway ... show me the output of the above script.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

"File Autoit3.exe not found. Place this script in the autoIt3 program directory and run it again."

so i compile it, put it under program files/autoit and run it...but then no response.

Copy it into the AutoIt3 program directory and run it from within SciTE.. Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

i did...no response....here is where i put the script (in case i am not doing something right)

C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3

correct location.

So how are you trying to run it?

EDIT: you also saved it as Get_AU3_Settings.au3...right?

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

double clicking

i have several other scripts that i downloaded and they run fine when i double click them...when i mean scripts..i mean the compiled application, not the .au3 file

Thought I was pretty explicit on how to run it.. :)

Open SciTE

Open the script in SciTE: Get_AU3_Settings.au3

Hit F5

Copy/Paste the output from the outputpane.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ah ok, sorry...

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\firstscript.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3" /UserParams    
+>13:43:39 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.24    Environment(Language:0409  Keyboard:00000409  OS:WIN_7/  CPU:X64 OS:X64)
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
+>13:43:39 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.6.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\firstscript.au3"    
+****************************************************************************************
+* Current setting: 
+*        Default action:Run
+*                   Run:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\AutoIt3_x64.exe" "%1" %*
+*                  Open:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"
+*                  Edit:"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe" "%1"
+****************************************************************************************
+>13:43:39 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0    Time: 1.030