Deploying Compiled Exe via SCCM

I've been trying to push a compiled exe via SCCM. While the script runs fine when ran locally, it does not run when deployed by SCCM. The tray icon appears but nothing else happens. Here is my script:

; Runs the uninstaller from the local drive of SCCM

Run("\\****\d$\Source_Files\Oasis\Super_Playmate\Super_Remove\OASIS Super Playmate_****.exe")

WinWaitActive ("OASIS Super-PlayMate InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for OASIS Super-PlayMate", 75)

Send ("{TAB 2}")

Send ("{SPACE}")

Send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("OASIS Super-PlayMate Setup", "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?", 10)

send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("OASIS Super-PlayMate Setup", "Uninstall Complete", 15)

send ("{ENTER}")

I don't receive any error messages in the logs and the script completes successfully. I have checked the option "Allow users to interface" and still no success. Please chime in if you have any suggestions or require additional information to aid in troubleshooting.

Thank you

Rommel

I've been trying to push a compiled exe via SCCM. While the script runs fine when ran locally, it does not run when deployed by SCCM. The tray icon appears but nothing else happens. Here is my script:

; Runs the uninstaller from the local drive of SCCM

Run("\\****\d$\Source_Files\Oasis\Super_Playmate\Super_Remove\OASIS Super Playmate_****.exe")

WinWaitActive ("OASIS Super-PlayMate InstallShield Wizard", "Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for OASIS Super-PlayMate", 75)

Send ("{TAB 2}")

Send ("{SPACE}")

Send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("OASIS Super-PlayMate Setup", "Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?", 10)

send ("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive ("OASIS Super-PlayMate Setup", "Uninstall Complete", 15)

send ("{ENTER}")

I don't receive any error messages in the logs and the script completes successfully. I have checked the option "Allow users to interface" and still no success. Please chime in if you have any suggestions or require additional information to aid in troubleshooting.

Thank you

Rommel

The fact that you mention you have the "Allow users to interface" option checked suggests that you're running as admin. Have you tried running as user?

So the "OASIS Super-PlayMate InstallShield Wizard" never pops up? How long does the icon stay in the tray? I'm not familiar with this app but I'm assuming you've researched it and found that there is not an uninstall command line switch? Rather than simulating keystrokes, if its a true InstallShield installer, you should be able to automate the uninstall by creating a "response" file by running the .exe with a /r switch. I've never done an uninstall using a response file but that should record the choices into an .iss file which will autoamtically be created in the Windows directory of the machine you ran it from. Then in SCCM, you include the .iss file in your package source and then use the /s switch in the command line to run the uninstall without even using a script. Plus its completely silent... always a plus in my book. Heres more info on InstallShield command line arguments. Check out the uninstall section. I could be wrong but if what I said is true, its much easier than writing a script to simulate keystrokes IMO.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield12helplib/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm

So the "OASIS Super-PlayMate InstallShield Wizard" never pops up? How long does the icon stay in the tray? I'm not familiar with this app but I'm assuming you've researched it and found that there is not an uninstall command line switch? Rather than simulating keystrokes, if its a true InstallShield installer, you should be able to automate the uninstall by creating a "response" file by running the .exe with a /r switch. I've never done an uninstall using a response file but that should record the choices into an .iss file which will autoamtically be created in the Windows directory of the machine you ran it from. Then in SCCM, you include the .iss file in your package source and then use the /s switch in the command line to run the uninstall without even using a script. Plus its completely silent... always a plus in my book. Heres more info on InstallShield command line arguments. Check out the uninstall section. I could be wrong but if what I said is true, its much easier than writing a script to simulate keystrokes IMO.

http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield12helplib/IHelpSetup_EXECmdLine.htm

Extremely useful information. I will try going this route. The purpose of the uninstall script is to remove the current version before upgrading the application.