IE.au3

I've built a GUI using AutoIt that displays a web application. I can interact with the web page just fine in Windows XP. The GUI is able to monitor activity in the web application by reading and writing cookies and by checking the status of certain buttons and controls on the web page. However, on Windows 7 only it seems my GUI is blocked from sending text to a field, etc.

Any suggestions? I don't have much experience with Windows 7 yet.

Thank you for your help!

If you are talking about IE9, look at this:

The test case WAS on IE 9. All intereaction is based on calling Javascripts in the target page. The Javascripts handle the actual manipulation of data on the page. The problem seems to when the AutoIt wrapper (GUI) attempts to read a text file from the hard drive and send it to the web application via a Javascript call. The Javascript function handles the insertion of the text string in appropriate field. No error appears, just no text is being received either (at least on Windows 7 with IE9). This leads me to believe that the GUI was blocked from reading the file in the first place.

I will look at the logic a little closer to see if I'm missing something.

Also note whether it is an INPUT TYPE=FILE field in the HTML. If not, then try outomating the page in a browser instead of in the GUI and also play with compatability mode for the page in the browser.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble