Constants Helper

sleepydvdr

• Developers

This is true, but often have to test the script not compiling. Old scripts often require "*constants.au3"

Work fine when doing Run (F5) too. :mellow: Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Can somebody explain what this gives more than the already available option in the Compile_With_Options Menu or manually coded directive? :

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y

Jos :mellow:

What option?

do you mean the Add required constants.au3 to your script?

I use compile with options all the time but i have never yet used any of the tabs or added anything except for my .ico file and the source etc

Ive no idea what all the stuff does so i dont use it and their dosent seem to be a lot of help available for it

As to #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y i only came across it recently and ive been here a while just the menu version from Azjio seem easier for me as im often copying snippets in and out and i never realise what half of them need so with this i can just check and carry on.

The only things i use in the menus are this and Tidy, i have no idea what all the other stuff does in the menus, so i just leave it alone.

The only reason i use Tidy is because someone was kicking off about when you post code on the forum use Tidy first so i didnt want to get in trouble so i started using it [when i remember]

Just been checking in Help for the tools that exist and im not finding anything except AU3Info had a few lines

I only checked about 6 things randomly

As a relative noob im not going to use stuff i have no idea what its for, or have no documentation for it, maybe you should have a section in the helpfile for the tools

and definatly for all the instances of #AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y and all the others, there are probably a lot of these that would be helpfull but i dont know they exist.

If you add #AutoIt3Wrapper into search it just gives developer info

Just my thoughts

Here is the information about the #AutoIt3Wrapper directives.

Jos, I looked at the new changelog and I'm loving #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=Y, but for some reason it's not on the #AutoItWrapper help site, so is it somewhere else?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I can't find them in the Help either & I use SciTE4AutoIt3.

Edit: Found by going to Help >> SciTE Help

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thx no wonder i couldnt find it

I would suggest there is maybe to much spread of documentation maybe a few lines in the normal helpfile might be usefull about where these things are?.

• Developers

What option?

do you mean the Add required constants.au3 to your script?

I use compile with options all the time but i have never yet used any of the tabs or added anything except for my .ico file and the source etc

There is an checkbox on the mail window when doing compile with options called: "Add required Constant*.au3 to your script"

This will save the "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=y" into your script.

This directive will cause AutoIt3Wrapper to check for required needed Constant*.au3 files and set the line to "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n"

All possible directives are listed in Directives.au3 in the AutoIt3Wrapper directory and SciTE4AutoIt3 Helpfile.

As to the remarks about the Helpfile: SciTE4AutoIt3 started as a total standonly project and still is!

A number of years ago, the website was build inside of the AutoIt3 Website BUT the project as such has always been a project which I am maintaining as an individual.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Here is the information about the #AutoIt3Wrapper directives.

Jos, I looked at the new changelog and I'm loving #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compile_Both=Y, but for some reason it's not on the #AutoItWrapper help site, so is it somewhere else?

I just uploaded the helpfile documentation to the SciTE website. It all changed with the revamp of the AutoIy3 website and before all stuff was uploaded automatically, but now I need to change all of that and till then things are in manual mode.

Jos :mellow:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

skin27

2) Duplicates

What about when I have a copy of <Excel.au3>, let say <ExcelTest.au3>. Then the function is in two UDF's, but you can only use (and want to use) one of these UDF's. Can you try to handle this situation?

Under the rules of the constants should not be duplicated in different UDF. The program can not guess what the UDF is a temporary copy. The program provides information, but the choice is yours. The program does not scan UDF of the current folder.

Under the rules of the constants should not be duplicated in different UDF. The program can not guess what the UDF is a temporary copy. The program provides information, but the choice is yours.

1) Duplicates

I understand. What I meant was that I had quickly copied an UDF in /includes to test something. I would expect to get a warning that one function points to two UDF's, instead of sugesstion that both UDF needs to be added.

2) Searching for Includes

The program does not scan UDF of the current folder.

Ok, but I would like that :mellow:. Something like how #includes searches -->

1) Standard library The path of the currently running interpreter with "\Include" appended is searched.

2) User-defined libraries The registry value mentioned above is read and each directory is searched in the order they appear in.

3) Script directory The directory of the currently executing script

(4) Directories pointed to in the include)

3) Using multiple files

A question about using multiple files. What for example if I use one file as my main script and two other au3 files with subfunctions. My two includes are in the main script including the native autoit includes they are using. Can your script recognize that?

• 5 months later...

Hi again

Since the latest changes to Autoit/Scite ive not been able to use the addon

I get this message

>"\autoit3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\Instrument_azjio\Include_Helper.au3" "C:\Users\Jez\Desktop\Update Malware.au3"

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

>Exit code: 1 Time: 0.241

I grabbed the latest version and recopied this again

Before starting, remove the old file "Include_Helper_Data.txt" If Present

In SciTE\Properties\au3.properties

# 39 Include_Helper

command.39.*.au3="$(autoit3dir)\autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)\Instrument_azjio\Include_Helper.au3" "$(FilePath)"

command.name.39.*.au3=Include_Helper

command.save.before.39.*.au3=1

command.is.filter.39.*.au3=1

command.shortcut.39.*.au3=Ctrl+F7

But still no joy

Any ideas?

Chimaera

command.name.35.$(au3)=Include_Helper
command.shortcut.35.$(au3)=Ctrl+F7
command.35.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)..autoit3.exe" $(SciteDefaultHome)Instrument_azjioInclude_Helper.au3 "$(FilePath)"
command.subsystem.35.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.35.$(au3)=2
command.replace.selection.16.$(au3)=0
command.quiet.35.$(au3)=1

Chimaera

" "

command.name.35.$(au3)=Include_Helper
command.shortcut.35.$(au3)=Ctrl+F7
command.35.$(au3)="$(SciteDefaultHome)..autoit3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)Instrument_azjioInclude_Helper.au3" "$(FilePath)"
command.subsystem.35.$(au3)=2
command.save.before.35.$(au3)=2
command.replace.selection.16.$(au3)=0
command.quiet.35.$(au3)=1