Add UDF to Library

Hi All,

I have created some UDF.au3 for my application testing. I want to make them work as a standard Auto IT functions in the script editor window.(Like, if i type ControlSetText then the syntax is displaying automatically)

Can some one help me? I have searched a lot but couldn't get right solution. If this question answered by some one already please send the link. Thanks in Advance

Thanks and Regards,

Ilayaraja.M

Hi and welcome.

In this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\api

There is a file au3.user.calltips

Put your keyword there, if you have more than one, then put every keyword in a new line.

you also can add a "?" & a number to set the color of the icon of the list where you choice the word.

for ex.

monoscout
monoscout9?1
monoscout99?2
monoscout999?3

EDIT: You can set this file in the self SciTe, save it and try without restart it.

Edited by monoscout999

Hi and welcome.

In this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\api

There is a file au3.user.calltips

Put your keyword there, if you have more than one, then put every keyword in a new line.

you also can add a "?" & a number to set the color of the icon of the list where you choice the word.

for ex.

monoscout
monoscout9?1
monoscout99?2
monoscout999?3

EDIT: You can set this file in the self SciTe, save it and try without restart it.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But i dont have any file named "au3.user.calltips" inside ...\SciTE\API folder. You mean to say the file "au3.keywords.properties" inside..\SciTE folder?

Ilaya.M

I do the following for my AD and OutlookEX UDFs:

File: ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\api\au3.user.calltips.api (this shows the tooltip when typing the function and displays the parameters you have to type next)

Example:

_AD_Open([$sAD_UserIdParam = "", $sAD_PasswordParam = ""[, $sAD_DNSDomainParam = "", $sAD_HostServerParam = "", $sAD_ConfigurationParam = ""[, $fAD_Security = 0]]]) Opens a connection to Active Directory. (Requires: #Include <AD.au3>)

file: ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\Properties\au3.userudfs.properties (highlights the function names in SciTE)

Example:

au3.keywords.user.udfs=_ad_open _ad_close _ad_samaccountnametofqdn \

_ad_fqdntosamaccountname _ad_fqdntodisplayname _ad_objectexists _ad_getgcattributes \

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

And another Example too >>

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I do the following for my AD and OutlookEX UDFs:

File: ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\api\au3.user.calltips.api (this shows the tooltip when typing the function and displays the parameters you have to type next)

Example:

_AD_Open([$sAD_UserIdParam = "", $sAD_PasswordParam = ""[, $sAD_DNSDomainParam = "", $sAD_HostServerParam = "", $sAD_ConfigurationParam = ""[, $fAD_Security = 0]]]) Opens a connection to Active Directory. (Requires: #Include <AD.au3>)

file: ..\AutoIt3\SciTE\Properties\au3.userudfs.properties (highlights the function names in SciTE)

Example:

au3.keywords.user.udfs=_ad_open _ad_close _ad_samaccountnametofqdn \

_ad_fqdntosamaccountname _ad_fqdntodisplayname _ad_objectexists _ad_getgcattributes \

Hi,

Thanks everyone for your timely response. Its working.

Thanks and Regards,

Ilayaraja.M