windows Info Tool

Does anyone know if this tool can be used to access e.g. radio buttons or Tab buttons such as are presented in the class: SysTabControl 32??

If not is there any tool available to do this. I am trying to automate a applicaiton install and the tool works fine for the Button class abut when Radio buttons or check boxes are in the top portion of the form the tool will not provide the instance number. I attached a sample copy of one of the install steps. The info tool will not provide instance information for the box and two radio buttons.

Thanks for any ideas!!

• Moderators

watsonle,

Welcome to the AutoIt forum. :)

the tool will not provide the instance number

Then it is very likely that the controls in question are not created with the standard Windows API and so cannot be automated directly. So you may have to fall back on ControlClick with coordinates - and I know what a hit-and-miss affair that can be. ;)

But if you post what the Info tool tells you about the whole control (there was no attachment to your post as you indicated) we might be able to help a little more - no promises mind! ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

watsonle,

Then it is very likely that the controls in question are not created with the standard Windows API and so cannot be automated directly. So you may have to fall back on ControlClick with coordinates - and I know what a hit-and-miss affair that can be. ;)

But if you post what the Info tool tells you about the whole control (there was no attachment to your post as you indicated) we might be able to help a little more - no promises mind! ;)

M23

Just checking to see if my earlier reply went thru. Not quite sure if I did it correctly.

watsonle,

M23

Im guessing it didnt go thru so here it is again. In line 25 of the code which you can see I did a hit/miss to check the 'I accept the agreement' radio button and found that unsing instance 5 would check it. The data in the window Info tool came from dropping the curser onto the top half of the install window. If the finder tool is place on the back, next, cancel button is seems to report the correct instance but will not detect any data on the two radio buttons above. This worked for a few windows but then they became so complex that it was almost impossible to select the correct instance number. I guess I'm resigned at this point that Windows Info will not give me enough data to proceed with performing an automated install.

Is there any other method available? Thanks

I'm not sure if you have the edit button available to you yet, but if you do try to avoid double posts, by editing the last one. (also avoid quotes unless needed for context)

I think you might be able to use to get the right control data. When you select a window, a list of controls is displayed which you can click through and if all goes when the corresponding control will be highlighted.

I'm not sure if you have the edit button available to you yet, but if you do try to avoid double posts, by editing the last one. (also avoid quotes unless needed for context)

I think you might be able to use to get the right control data. When you select a window, a list of controls is displayed which you can click through and if all goes when the corresponding control will be highlighted.

Yes this is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much for the help. Impressive tool!!