Prevent IE from closing

Hey guys. I use Internet explorer object and i need to avoid the user to close IE.

I tried :

I'm asked if i Really want to close the window and warned that it will close My software too, but IE still close even if i answer NO.

$EventObject = ObjEvent($oIE,"IEEvent_","DWebBrowserEvents2")
$EventObject2= ObjEvent($oIE, "IEEvent2_")
Func IEEvent2_Quit($e)
    ;Some actions to prevent IE from closing
If _Msg("Etes vous certain de vouloir fermer cette fenêtre? Cela fermera également le créateur de simulation.") Then
        _IEClose()
        Exit
    EndIf
EndFunc

I also tried a _IEAction($oIE,'stop'), and a fire to OnQuit Event (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa768340%28v=VS.85%29.aspx)

Even if MSDN say that Fires before the Windows Internet Explorer application quits, i don't manage to avoid IE from closing.

Func IEEvent_OnQuit($e)
 ;Some actions to prevent IE from closing    
If _Msg("Etes vous certain de vouloir fermer cette fenêtre? Cela fermera également le créateur de simulation.") Then
        _IEClose()
        ;Some more actions
        Exit
    EndIf
EndFunc

Result is same as above, MsgBox is well showed but IE close before i can do anything to prevent it. My goal is that if user answer no, No action is did, and IE is kept opened.

Some ideas?

Thx a lot,

Tim

Edited by timmalos

Have you looked into alternatives for your program? If you run it in an HTA using MSHTA.exe it uses everything that the built-in IE uses but as a separate process. That way your program can run even without IE being open. And since you run as an HTA you can script whether or not you can have the ability to close it, or even script the close button to do whatever you want.

See

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for being late, was on holidays.

Thx Dale works perfectly !

@Tripredacus I never heard about this, i will try to get more infos about this.

@wakillon, _Msg is only an InputBox function with a Return value, thats why i didn't showed it. And i wanted to Prevent Ie from closing and not close it or hide it, But thx for your help.