#include $fileinvar

I need to have a script that loads multiple au3 files in a certain directory and execute them. The way i do this is by performing a search for any .au3 files and then useing the #include function but this doesn't seem to work. This is probably b/c this was never its intended purpose :) . But i need a way to do this. Any ideas?

$search = FileFindFirstFile("*") 
If not($search = -1) Then
    While 1
        $file = FileFindNextFile($search) 
        If @error Then ExitLoop
        $include=$file & "\" & $file & ".au3"
        #include $include
    WEnd
endif

the #include function is for the preprocessor, note the # (hash).

That means that any preprocessor function is ran before anything else, which means that variables (even from $CmdLine) are not used.

I would have suggested trying #include <*.au3> however, that's apparently not allowed (just tested, atleast Syntax Check says no).

I believe that you'll just have to add a line of code for each file.

Also, the way you want to do it is quite a security loop, if I create an au3 file, and put that in the same folder as the script, I can in essence do whatever I want.

Also, when you compile an exe from a script, all #include functions are done at that time, which is why you have to have the filenames at compile time...

Writing AutoIt scripts since

_DateAdd("d", -2, _NowCalcDate())

I know it's a security risk, but i needed a way to load in extra code that would increas the functioniality of the program. (And it's more for personal use) I don't know of any way to execute autoit commands after compilation nor of any before... Oh well... If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to post...

Also, the reason i don't want to write it in manulay b/c the external files are suposed to act like plugins.

Edited by computergeek

• Developers

I know it's a security risk, but i needed a way to load in extra code that would increas the functioniality of the program. (And it's more for personal use) I don't know of any way to execute autoit commands after compilation nor of any before... Oh well... If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to post...

Also, the reason i don't want to write it in manulay b/c the external files are suposed to act like plugins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just use runwait("c:\path\Autoit3.exe " & $Filename)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The problem with that is i am also useing variables that are declared in the script that is trying to call the other scripts. Unless there is a way to get those values, i won't be able to use this method. Thanks for the quick reply.

I will try to fix it up so it doesn't need any vars from any remote script.

Edited by computergeek

I was able to make it so that it didn't require any external variables, but is there still a way to get variable from another script so i can close the window when the main window is closed? Or can i do that by parenting it?

I also need to pass on info such as window handles from the remote scripts to the main script...

Edited by computergeek

I think you need to change the perspective of your code a bit.

You cannot include a code in that way, you have to decide if you want that code to be included when you start your program or not. 'Include' was not made as a substitution of "goto" or "run". It is a way to add mainly global functions in your code (meaning a function file that is being shared among several scripts).

What I would do is to organize the "included" code in custom functions which I would call when needed instead of calling 'include'.

Hope these help,

Use the option of passing command line variables to communicate between scripts. That I would say would be your best option. If you have a GUI you could have some hidden fields that Control*() commands could access and set before the remote script closes.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thanks, i think i will try useing the command line or Control*() commands... I am going on vacation for 8 days so, i will tell u how it goes later...

When i use run or runwait, i get this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Computer Geek\Desktop\AutoIt\systembar\systembar.au3 (38) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.: 
RunWait($include)

Yet the include location is correct and is formed by this:

$include=@ScriptDir & "\extentions\" & $file & "\" & $file & ".au3"

Here is the whole portion of the script

Global $extentions[1]
$search = FileFindFirstFile(@ScriptDir & "\extentions\*") 
If not($search = -1) Then
    While 1
        $file = FileFindNextFile($search) 
    ;If @error Then ExitLoop
        if not($file=".") AND not($file = "..") then
            $include=@ScriptDir & "\extentions\" & $file & "\" & $file & ".au3"
            _ArrayAdd ( $extentions, $file )
            msgbox(1,"",$include)
            RunWait($include)
        endif
    WEnd
endif