documetn page count

Hello Every one,

we are in the need of autoit script which can provide us page count of differnt formats like word, excel, txt, tiff, PDF etc.

i have found specific to word

$objWord = ObjCreate("Word.Application")

$objDoc = $objWord.Documents.Open($filePath)

$count = $objDoc.ComputeStatistics(2)

but i need a solution which would compute page count of all types of documents, more so, word, excel, txt, tiff, PDF.

i have even found articles related to file extended properties in the following thread which essentially talks about file's metadata

please help me for this.

thanks,

Jaideep

First thing you have to do is write a sufficiently good definition of the word "Page" that applies to each of those formats. For example, in a TXT file, would you consider a FF or VT character to delimit a page? What if it's just 1,000 lines delimited by @CR, then how many lines will you assume per "page"?

Metadata fields are defined by the formats, and are optional to boot. Do you expect to just use those?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law