unlock windows 7 session

Hi,

I will to run some scripts on several machines, with some controlclick, winwaitactivate, send etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these command won't work if the session is lock.

Knowing all machines are windows7x64 and I know session password for every machine, can I run an autoit script that will type the password, unlock the session, then execute my scripts ?

I realize this is 'limit' for security but I absolutely need this. Or I would have to RDP each machine to open the session, wait for the scripts to run/finish, then close all rdp sessions.

Thks

Kib

Win7 pro x64. scripts compiled to x64. - Autoit v3.3.6.1 | Scite 1.79

Well, I don't want to lock the workstation, but to unlockit.

I've saw in another thread that controlsend works so I will try with some winwait, controlsend, instead of winwaitactive, send. But seems ControlClick doesn't work ...

Edited by kiboost

I'm seeing something related to ForceUnlockLogon, but there doesn't seem to be a real good list of User32.dll functions, as some (even the Unlock) isn't shown.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281250

But even the previous link I posted shows that the following is incorrect:

There is no function you can call to determine whether the workstation is locked.

From here:

LockWorkStation Function

So there definately seems like there would be a way to unlock it via script, HOWEVER I can see why there would be no official support documentation on how to do it, as it would be a severe security risk!

• 2 months later...

Any idea about unlocking a windows7 station ?

I have more and more need to this which I can't overcome, I must find a solution.

My station use new win7 logon screen but without necessity for ctrl alt del.

I found this, which basically brings back the default desktop to background, making other windows reappearing :

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/RemoteUnlock.aspx

But having service on each machine etc hmmm. I have ever some autoit client running on all machine, and of course I know every single account login/pass, so I could ask a client to run a special command on the machine if the needed.

• 2 months later...