IE Login Dialog?

I feel that this has been answered before but was unable to locate in the forums. I am trying to streamline some login scripts so that I can just choose to save my encrypted usernames and passwords in a file and then let my script transparently(hidden) log me in using the IE object and navigate to where I need to go, then display the window when done. This is fairly simple but I am now running into the proble on some new company websites that are using a login dialog instead of a webpage to authenticate. The ideal solution would be to figure how to pass the parameters to the url as I navigate to it to satisfy the request so I do not even see it popup. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately there is not a blanket answer to your question. It depends on how the site is coded. Some sites are designed to accept fields in the query string, others in form post data and other methods.

You'll have to dig into each page and figure out how to solve this.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Unfortunately there is not a blanket answer to your question.  It depends on how the site is coded.  Some sites are designed to accept fields in the query string, others in form post data and other methods.

You'll have to dig into each page and figure out how to solve this.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My experience has been that the standard login dialog that I am referencing is not one generated by page code but generated by the permissions controlled at the webserver. This is what I am trying to handle be fore it gets displayed. I know there is always the option to handle the window via hooks but want to hadle this if possible before it even trys to display. Edited by billym

It's fairly simple if page is using autentication with common forms through CGI interface: in this case you can simple navigate URL like www.site.com/login.cgi?membername=name&memberpass=pass. If they are using basic autentication, you need some program that can substitute http headers. One good program Proxomitron is able to do that. But not sure that you can do it with only Autoit.

It's fairly simple if page is using autentication with common forms through CGI interface: in this case you can simple navigate URL like www.site.com/login.cgi?membername=name&memberpass=pass. If they are using basic autentication, you need some program that can substitute http headers. One good program Proxomitron is able to do that. But not sure that you can do it with only Autoit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is it possible to modify/create the headers using the Internetexplorer.application object?

The Navigate and Navigate2 methods have a way or writing headers. I haven't done it yet however.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

You may also want to try this method: http://username:password@www.website.com/directory/

although I've seen references tho this being disabled in the browser.

Dale