Pass details from one gui to another

RichE

Hi All,

is it possible to another .exe and pass a variable to it..

e.g. pc name to the second gui/exe

but say I've 100 item in the list to run say the 1st 30, then wait until there's a free slot and once ones closed run another until the 100 have completed.

thanks in advance

Edited by RichE

RichE

[font="'Arial Narrow';"]Current projects[/font]

[font="'Arial Narrow';"]are on my site [/font]Sellostring

If it's just one thing at the start, you could use a command line variable. Look at "Command Line Parameters" in helpfile for how to read them :)

Edit: I'm skipping this because it's off topic and isn't actually a question:

but say I've 100 item in the list to run say the 1st 30, then wait until there's a free slot and once ones closed run another until the 100 have completed.

It wouldn't take half a brain to do it anyway so just do it! Edited by AdmiralManHairAlkex

ok thank, I've had a look through what you have said, and I get the passing, but.. do I just use $CmdLine[1] to retrieve the information to use, as I get a compile error :

Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

or do i have to use $CmdLineRaw and split it up

Thanks for the speed reply

Edited by RichE

RichE

Have a look at WM_COPYDATA in my Signature to see how you can communicate between Scripts.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

ok thank, I've had a look through what you have said, and I get the passing, but.. do I just use $CmdLine[1] to retrieve the information to use, as I get a compile error :

Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

That works just fine, assuming there actually is 1 or more parameters. You could check $CmdLine[0] (or UBound()) before using it so you don't crash.

Example:

If $CmdLine[0] > 1 Then
    For $iX = 1 To $CmdLine[0]
        MsgBox(0, "Hello from command line!!", $CmdLine[$iX])
    Next
    Exit
EndIf

Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" test123 "second test"')

Thanks all sorted, I can now restart the services on x number of workstations all at the same time, this will save me and my staff SOOOOooooooo many man hours as it takes 3mins per pc usually

Thanks to everyone for the help

RichE