How to find Boot partition in Disk ?

WMI & Win32_DiskPartition. Have a look at Scriptomatic in the Examples Section to Help you.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

When you have multiple OS's running on separate partitions or drives they will all be boot partitions so what are you really trying to achieve? If it's just the current boot drive then try the macro @HomeDrive

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

$aDrives = DriveGetDrive("Fixed")
For $i = 1 To UBound($aDrives) -1
    If FileExists($aDrives[$i] & "\ntldr") Then
        MsgBox(0, "Result", "The boot loader is located on drive " & StringUpper($aDrives[$i]))
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

If you need to go the Scriptomatic route there is a updated compiled version in my sig.

Edit:

You may want to change the "\ntldr" to "\boot.ini"

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

If you need to go the Scriptomatic route there is a updated compiled version in my sig.

Downloading now, what were the changes? :)

Edit: Oh nice update! Maybe this would be useful too ;) I thought you were going to add it.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

$aDrives = DriveGetDrive("Fixed")
For $i = 1 To UBound($aDrives) -1
    If FileExists($aDrives[$i] & "\ntldr") Then
        MsgBox(0, "Result", "The boot loader is located on drive " & StringUpper($aDrives[$i]))
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

Edit:

You may want to change the "\ntldr" to "\boot.ini"

Thanks i need one more help if connect two hard-disk and i want to find out boot partition on second disk how it is possible across disk??????

Not sure want you want, but the bootloader should be on the system partiton.

$SystemPartition_DD = RegRead('HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup', 'SystemPartition')

$var = DriveGetDrive('all')

For $x = 1 To ubound($var) -1
    $RET = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "QueryDosDevice", "str", $var[$x], "str", "", "int", 255)
    If @error Then ContinueLoop
    If $RET[2] = $SystemPartition_DD Then
        MsgBox(0, "SystemPartition", StringUpper($var[$x]))
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

Downloading now, what were the changes? :)

Edit: Oh nice update! Maybe this would be useful too ;) I thought you were going to add it.

Actually I've re-opened that project just a few days ago but haven't done any more to it yet. I'm going to make it more like the PowerShell version of Scriptomatic.

Edit: It will also have the added ability of importing the code direct to Scite.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Actually I've re-opened that project just a few days ago but haven't done any more to it yet. I'm going to make it more like the PowerShell version of Scriptomatic.

Sweet... :)

UDF List:

And BTW. I am changing that date code.

I just don't have any time to work at it right now but it won't be long before I delve back into my projects. Although I generally have between 20 and 30 active projects at any given time so you never know when I'm going to be on any certain one.

George

Take your time honestly. I'll send you a PM in the next couple of days because I have some label issue(s) with the PCRE Toolkit.

UDF List:

Send the PM but also make sure you update to the latest version.

George

Not sure want you want, but the bootloader should be on the system partiton.

$SystemPartition_DD = RegRead('HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup', 'SystemPartition')

$var = DriveGetDrive('all')

For $x = 1 To ubound($var) -1
    $RET = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "QueryDosDevice", "str", $var[$x], "str", "", "int", 255)
    If @error Then ContinueLoop
    If $RET[2] = $SystemPartition_DD Then
        MsgBox(0, "SystemPartition", StringUpper($var[$x]))
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next

thanks i need this only .................

• 8 months later...

:oops: I don't have much to contribute, but I do know that the BootLoader is always 'written' on first sector of PhysicalDisk (Not the logical drives). Now, I leave the rest to you guys.

Regards

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

----------------------------------------

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1