Is it possible to shutdown remote computers?

Is it possible to shutdown the specific computers within the same donmain?

For sample shutdown the computer named client01 ~ clinet10.

Event some of them are in the login screen.

Thanks

I have shut computers down using autoit.

This is the syntax I use: Run("shutdown -s -f").

Now if you sent messages to text files, and had your computers run a script that checked against that file for commands. Then I imagin you could check against your domain and shutdown if the file says to.

That's how I would go about it. There is probably a better way.

Edited by songersoft

If you are in an Active Directory Domain and you have access to ADUC, then a more convenient way than reading a text file may be to use the "Active Directory Users and Computers" snap-in. Create a new Task Pad. Once created populate it with a shell script, a CMD file, kind of similar in content to what was provided in the earlier comment. Then all you would need to do is highlight the computer you wish to restart, shutdown, or whatever your shell script does and click the link to the script. Not quite sure if you can do this against multiple as I haven't needed to try it.

You could also take a look at Winternals psexec.

@JohnOne

Can you give the link?

@songersoft

Can you explain more about sent messages to text files?

@Casey

This method sound easy. I'll try on Monday, and see how it works.

But how can I obtain the list of the computers which are not shutdown?

And to add to the mix we have the all powerful NirCmnd

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

If you wanted something a little more function rich than the shutdown command that comes with Windows, there's always the PSShutdown program that Microsoft has. With that program you can feed it a list of computer names in a text file and have it shut down just the ones you wanted to without too much coding.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

And to add to the mix we have the all powerful NirCmnd

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

*chuckle* That reminds me so much of the NDOS command interpretor. (NDOS was Norton's COMMAND.COM replacement for MS-DOS 5+)

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that isn't what he was using. Nils has been around for a good many years now and he's not one to change his habits easily.

His theory seems to be "If it works; stay with it."

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"