Yet Another Question on RunAsWait

Hi Forum,

I am running into some issues with the RunAsWait command. Below is the relevant portion of my script:

; Include the installer with compiled script
    FileInstall("PATH\stuff.exe", @TempDir & "\stuff.exe")
    ; Must run installer with admin rights. Do not distribute
    ; codes. Compiled versions only.
    $username = "username"
    $domain   = "domain"
    $password = "password"
    RunAsWait($username, $domain, $password, 0, @TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

FileDelete(@TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

If @error = 1 Then
        MsgBox("16","Error","Something went wrong during installation. Exiting.")
        Exit

The username/domain/password fields are filled with my credentials. I have admin rights and the script works properly IF I launch the script as admin, but fails miserably otherwise.

The helpfile for RunAsWait mentions that Secondary Logon must be running, and it is.

Help appreciated.

Hi Forum,

I am running into some issues with the RunAsWait command. Below is the relevant portion of my script:

FileInstall("PATH\stuff.exe", @TempDir & "\stuff.exe")
    $username = "username"
    $domain   = "domain"
    $password = "password"
    RunAsWait($username, $domain, $password, 0, @TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

FileDelete(@TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

If @error = 1 Then
        Exit

The username/domain/password fields are filled with my credentials. I have admin rights and the script works properly IF I launch the script as admin, but fails miserably otherwise.

The helpfile for RunAsWait mentions that Secondary Logon must be running, and it is.

Help appreciated.

just a guess here but what may be happening is the @TempDir macro is changing. I had a similar issue once I got around it by saying $TempDir = @TempDir at the beginning of the script and calling the path with $TempDir instead of @TempDir

what happens is if you start the script as "UserA" then @TempDir = "C:\Users\UserA\AppData\Local\Temp" but then when you RunAsWait "UserB" the @TempDir macro would be "C:\Users\UserB\AppData\Local\Temp" and the file would not exist.

$TempDir = @TempDir

FileInstall("PATH\stuff.exe", $TempDir & "\stuff.exe")
    $username = "username"
    $domain   = "domain"
    $password = "password"
    RunAsWait($username, $domain, $password, 0, $TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

FileDelete($TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

If @error = 1 Then
        Exit

just a guess here but what may be happening is the @TempDir macro is changing. I had a similar issue once I got around it by saying $TempDir = @TempDir at the beginning of the script and calling the path with $TempDir instead of @TempDir

what happens is if you start the script as "UserA" then @TempDir = "C:\Users\UserA\AppData\Local\Temp" but then when you RunAsWait "UserB" the @TempDir macro would be "C:\Users\UserB\AppData\Local\Temp" and the file would not exist.

$TempDir = @TempDir

FileInstall("PATH\stuff.exe", $TempDir & "\stuff.exe")
    $username = "username"
    $domain   = "domain"
    $password = "password"
    RunAsWait($username, $domain, $password, 0, $TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

FileDelete($TempDir & "\stuff.exe")

If @error = 1 Then
        Exit

Hi tlman,

Thanks for your reply. Is @TempDir evaluated at compile time or run-time? If it's evaluated at compile-time, I can see where @TempDir would be different. However, if it's evaluated at run-time, shouldn't @TempDir be consistent in the lifetime of the script? I might be mentally challenged.

Nevertheless, I did try your method of having a constant path. Alas, it's still refusing to work :)

Will keep trying.

Thanks!

EDIT: Just saw that you pointed out @TempDir is a macro. New to AutoIt so didn't realize the @xxx names are all macros. That would make sense. I've changed the code to ensure a constant path.

EDIT2: ;)

Edited by purpGUI

Hi tlman,

Thanks for your reply. Is @TempDir evaluated at compile time or run-time? If it's evaluated at compile-time, I can see where @TempDir would be different. However, if it's evaluated at run-time, shouldn't @TempDir be consistent in the lifetime of the script?

Nevertheless, I did try your method of having a constant path. Alas, it's still refusing to work :)

Will keep trying.

Thanks!

@TempDir is evaluated at runtime but all it is is the environment variable %temp% so anytime the user credentials change the %temp% would change.

can you put a variable in front of runaswait like $iReturn = RunAsWait(" and see what $iReturn becomes after a failure?