How to establish connection between AutoIt and CheatEngine?

Hello,

I have the latest Cheat Engine and AutoIt installed on my computer.

I did some research and found out I have to include NomadMemory.au3

to my script to be able to manipulate memory addresses and values.

I am completely lost, though. Because I don't know, how is or how will

the AutoIt connect to Cheat Engine? How do I establish that connection

before any memory function I use would work?

Do I have to have the CheatEngine application running when my AutoIt

script is running?

Please, could any guys of you help me out on how to make connection

between AutoIt and CheatEngine so I can work with memory functions?

Thanks a lot :) ,

Sedoc94

Did you read the forum rules regarding game automation etc.?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

In CheatEngine, you open a process. Say, calc.exe. Then CheatEngine can edit the memory of calc.exe. AutoIt can work in the same way with NomadMemory. AutoIt opens the process calc.exe and then it can edit the memory programatically.

AutoIt does not require CheatEngine in any way. It's simply a tool to make it easier to find offsets in the programs memory, so AutoIt knows where to look for specific memory.

@water, despite the (maybe) obvious name, CheatEngine is not only used for game cheating. I would say I use it primarily for other purposes than games.

Thanks Manadar,

the post count of 1 plus the name of the application plus the text on the Cheat Engine donwload page "Before you attach Cheat Engine to a process, please make sure that you are not violating the EULA/TOS of the specific game/application." led me to the assumption that a indication to he forum rules would be suitable.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 weeks later...