malware bytes silent install

I am trying to figure out how to uncheck the update and launch buttons at the end of a malwarebytes installer

the only thing that works is the mouse click command this is not what I want. Can someone please Advise!

the script is very basic as I am a newbie! is there a one line silent install script as I have seen for firefox? that could do

malware bytes given the correct parameters? Thanks!

Run('D:\software\mbam-setup-1.46.exe')

;language window

_WinWaitActivate("Select Setup Language","Select the language ")

ControlClick("Select Setup Language", "", "OK")

;welcome window

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "Welcome to the Malwa")

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Next >")

;licence agreement window two buttons to click

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Please read the foll")

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "I &accept the agreement")

;information window

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","When you are ready to continue with Setup, click Next.")

;select destination window

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Setup will install Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware into the following folder.")

;select start menu folder window

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Setup will create the program's shortcuts in the following Start Menu folder.")

;select additional tasks window

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Select the additional tasks")

;ready to install window

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Setup is now ready t")

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Install")

;completing the setup window three buttons to click

_WinWaitActivate("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware","Completing the Malwa")

;the next two lines do not work becuse the buttons and text are invisible to Au3Info even after reaveling

;hidden text

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Update Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware >")

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Launch Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware >")

;the next line works but causes malware bytes to launch and update becuse of the two lines above

;which is not what I want.

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Finish")

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)

WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)

WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)

Try swapping out the two lines that are giving you trouble for these:

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "[CLASS:TNewCheckListBox;INSTANCE:1]", "left", 1, 10, 10)
ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "[CLASS:TNewCheckListBox;INSTANCE:1]", "left", 1, 10, 32)

#include <ByteMe.au3>

Try swapping out the two lines that are giving you trouble for these:

ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "[CLASS:TNewCheckListBox;INSTANCE:1]", "left", 1, 10, 10)
ControlClick("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "[CLASS:TNewCheckListBox;INSTANCE:1]", "left", 1, 10, 32)

Thanks very much for taking the time out!!! It worked a treat! now I think I understand how to manipulate the Tnew window.

Try

ControlCommand("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Update Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware >","uncheck","")
ControlCommand("Setup - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware", "", "&Launch Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware >","uncheck","")

thanks for replying but those lines did not work! the lines below posted by sleepydvdr work and seem to be the correct lines.

Try the /silent switch, it uses InnoSetup so here's some more switches you can use :)

Thanks very much for the reply and the link. You have just triggered a hundred and one questions in my head.

At first the page lost me untill I researched inno, I am a newbie to AutoIT and scripting. inno seems to be a similar type of software that I will definately be looking at! still trying to get my head around AutoIT. Did you recommend this switches link because you thought the malwarebytes installer was created using inno? I am very curious about silent switches. How would I use silent switches in AutoIT? for silent installation of exe files killing all windows and startups? can I use inno compiled stuff within Auto IT?

InnoSetup is an installation builder.

Installers created using InnoSetup (like Malwarebytes' installer) usually support a standard set of switches that facilitate things like silent and custom installs from the command line.

In this case, this allows your script for installation to be (as I posted above)

Run("D:\software\mbam-setup-1.46.exe /silent")

Try it :)

Also try this if you don't want to see any windows at all during installation

Run("D:\software\mbam-setup-1.46.exe /verysilent")

Boss007!

See that blue [A] icon below the old icon in the Reply box? If you do, try using it next time for your code.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...