Google+ Circles automation?

I just got one of them + to see what all the fuss is about.

Seems like it still needs a bit of work, but maybe because i'm not a big antisocial network fan and just dont know what to do with it.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Seems like it still needs a bit of work

Well it is still closed beta.... :)

You can add people from your existing google contact list. If your friend has a + account it will tell you, otherwise it will just let you add your contacts by the email address in that contact. If someone isn't already a contact then you'll have to supply the email address. You can add them to any circle you want but they won't know what circle they are in...they'll just know that you added them and you don't need their permission to add them to any of your circles. When you share something you can specify which circles to share with. It's pretty cool, but you're right, still needs lots of work.

Well it is still closed beta.... :)

You can add people from your existing google contact list. If your friend has a + account it will tell you, otherwise it will just let you add your contacts by the email address in that contact. If someone isn't already a contact then you'll have to supply the email address. You can add them to any circle you want but they won't know what circle they are in...they'll just know that you added them and you don't need their permission to add them to any of your circles. When you share something you can specify which circles to share with. It's pretty cool, but you're right, still needs lots of work.

I have no friends to put in a circle.

Its not like I'm going to serve up all my personal information on a plate for google, or anyone else.

I already said I dont respond to these antisocial networks, but I did see one thing that sets it apart, and that the circle thing. Not that its much different, its still a show of popularity, but there is a circle class of aquaintence (yes not everybody is your friend).

Still wont be sucked in by it though, my business is my own and my friends will know it, via personal interaction.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

I have no friends to put in a circle.

Its not like I'm going to serve up all my personal information on a plate for google, or anyone else.

I already said I dont respond to these antisocial networks, but I did see one thing that sets it apart, and that the circle thing. Not that its much different, its still a show of popularity, but there is a circle class of aquaintence (yes not everybody is your friend).

That's why I said "contacts" or "people" instead of specifically stating "friends" because as you said maybe you are aren't friends with everyone, but maybe just acquaintances or you want to follow them to stay up-to-date on whatever it is they are up to.

Still wont be sucked in by it though, my business is my own and my friends will know it, via personal interaction.

100% your choice, not trying to convince you to join or anything...just trying to let you know what it's all about. Just a couple other thoughts: You can also "Huddle" which is a group chat and as far as I can tell that's only available on my mobile, can't seem to find the feature on the web. On the web, instead of Huddle, you seem to have Hangouts which is a group video chat...as far as I know very few offer this functionality for free. Plus is also tied in with the +1 button on the web. If you are following someone that +1's an article or anything for that matter it shows up on your Google Plus stream.

Anyone come up with Google+ Circles automation to add people to my circles via script?

Please share! Thanks!

Back to OP's question: You can select multiple people then drag them to a Circle or you can add the entire list to a circle. You can also import contacts from other mail services then add them to a circle. You should provide more details as to what you are trying to do.... like where are the contacts you want to add?

Edited by MrMitchell

That's why I said "contacts" or "people" instead of specifically stating "friends" because as you said maybe you are aren't friends with everyone, but maybe just acquaintances or you want to follow them to stay up-to-date on whatever it is they are up to.

100% your choice, not trying to convince you to join or anything...just trying to let you know what it's all about. Just a couple other thoughts: You can also "Huddle" which is a group chat and as far as I can tell that's only available on my mobile, can't seem to find the feature on the web. On the web, instead of Huddle, you seem to have Hangouts which is a group video chat...as far as I know very few offer this functionality for free. Plus is also tied in with the +1 button on the web. If you are following someone that +1's an article or anything for that matter it shows up on your Google Plus stream.

I like my internet just as much as the next person.

But I refuse to sit back and let online anonymous chat be called "social", look it up if you like. Infact its the definition of anisocial.

• 2 weeks later...

I used recorder so it is tailored to my screen

Clicking "x" adds person to my cirecle using IE tabs and context menu "Open in a new tab"

this does not work if person at the bottom of the search page

I have to put so much delay coz G+ is so slow painting the "add" button

I wish they put "Add" button on a profile search page near each person!

HotKeySet("x","DoFollow");

HotKeySet("{ESC}","Terminate");

while 1

sleep(200)

WEnd

Func Terminate()

HotKeySet("!x");

HotKeySet("{ESC}");

Exit

EndFunc

Func DoFollow()

$pos= MouseGetPos()