WinGetPos, Win7 & Windows Media Player - odd coordinates

I am getting the wrong control (inner) window height returned from WinGetPos. It consistently reduces it to 50 or so pixels high (instead of 400 or so) yet the same code works in XP (Windows Picture and Fax Viewer).

The Info tool reports the correct height (I suppose it is too much to hope that the tool is written in .au3...And that I could inspect it).

If anyone has any insight I'd be grateful - thanks.

Sorry I should have said GUI window as opposed to "Control (inner) window" - too much water under the bridge.

While I'm at it, the info inspector reports that the "position" of the window is more or less the bottom left of what seems to be the Control (inner) window although the size seems good - I don't under stand

Thanks

Try showing your code, I've a feeling you may be refering to the client area.

I think you may well be right about my confusion. The only code that I think will be helpful is simply the function:

$pos = WinGetPos($win_title, $win_text) ;X, Y, W, H

$win_title holds "Windows Media Player" and in this case, $win_text is an empty string. This assignment occurs in a cribed function called CaptureToTIFF where quite a bit more goes on but it seems an irelavance.

I have many message boxes which testify to the problem occuring inside this function which of course carries on to be the basis of all subsequent calculations.

N.B. Using the info tool on the "Windows Media Player" window reveals that the 'control' tab reports a size that differs only in the reported height (from the verified size) which I have now realised is always 59 pixels - regardless of the size of the "Windows Media Player" window (the image resizes with the window).

N.B. Have tried using the beta 3.3.4.17 AutoIt without success

Thanks again.

Edited by 2Tricky