[Solved] Can I get Autoit portable?

I updated the OP by removing the problem & updating the code. Please download from the AutoIt Portable sub-forum.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I updated the OP by removing the problem & updating the code. Please download from the AutoIt Portable sub-forum.

It still hangs when I try to compile it.

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

What version of SciTE4AutoIt3 & AutoIt are you using? I'm using V2.27 & V3.3.6.1 and it compiled perfectly. Plus I did this on Windows 7 x64.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

What version of SciTE4AutoIt3 & AutoIt are you using? I'm using V2.27 & V3.3.6.1 and it compiled perfectly. Plus I did this on Windows 7 x64.

Im using the latest zip files I dl from the autoit site. using win xp sp3.

autoit 3.3.6.1

scite 2.2.7.0

maybe im doing something wrong?

this is where it hangs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2Hrmq9nCpA

My Projects:[list][*]Guide - ytube step by step tut for reading memory with autoitscript + samples[*]WinHide - tool to show hide windows, Skinned With GDI+[*]Virtualdub batch job list maker - Batch Process all files with same settings[*]Exp calc - Exp calculator for online games[*]Automated Microsoft SQL Server 2000 installer[*]Image sorter helper for IrfanView - 1 click opens img & move ur mouse to close opened img[/list]

Can the SciTE you dropped Template.au3 onto compile this Example >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N
MsgBox(64, "Check", "AutoIt Portable")

If you want I can compile it myself and send it to you OR delete the #AutoIt_Wrapper directives and see what that does?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Can the SciTE you dropped Template.au3 onto compile this Example >>

#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N
MsgBox(64, "Check", "AutoIt Portable")

If you want I can compile it myself and send it to you OR delete the #AutoIt_Wrapper directives and see what that does?

yes it can complie the sample you gave me.

It seems that the scite.exe I made with thinapp is bugged. I tried it again, but this time I used unpacked autoit & scite files & it worked, but, then I tried to compile the same thing with the new portable autoit & it failed to compile.

then I tried to compile the code you gave me & it also failed to compile.

Check:

Yes please, you can upload it hire:

http://www.mediafire.com/

Are you sure AutoItWrapper was in the location it specified? Since you've compiled it the only problem I can think of is the folder structure.

UDF List:

Are you sure AutoItWrapper was in the location it specified? Since you've compiled it the only problem I can think of is the folder structure.

I think I found the problem, i think its the portable wrapper. As you ca see from this test, it seems to be working if i use the original wrapper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c82q9c0CJJc

I am not sure but I might have a modified version of the original portable autoit script, I have included it below. See if that works with the Wrapper I provided.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6
#cs
    AutoIt3 Portable Created By:            guinness
    Last Textual Changes In This Script:    5th June 2011
    The Program Can Be Run By Selecting:    <AutoIt3.exe>

Thanks To The Following...

Icon -->
    Help --> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/119572-autoit3-portable/
#ce
#NoTrayIcon

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=AutoIt3.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=Y
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=AutoIt3 Portable.
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=nocopyright (C) 2011
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Language=2057
://////=__=
://////=__=-
#AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=N
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Obfuscator=Y
#Obfuscator_Parameters=/SF /SV /OM /CS=0 /CN=0
#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=asInvoker
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile_Type=exe

_AU3() ; Use Default Settings.
Exit

Func _AU3($sInstallDirectory = @ScriptDir, $sAU3Directory = "App", $iSessionSave = 0)
    Local $sAU3Properties = "au3.properties", $sData
    $sInstallDirectory = StringRegExpReplace($sInstallDirectory, "[\\/]+\z", "") & "\"

$sData = __GetFile($sInstallDirectory & $sAU3Directory & "\SciTe\properties\" & $sAU3Properties, 0)
    If @error Then
        Return MsgBox(64, "AutoIt Portable" & " - " & $sInstallDirectory & $sAU3Directory & "\SciTe\properties\" & $sAU3Properties, 'Was unable to read the "' & $sAU3Properties & '," please check the AutoIt directory and configuration.')
    EndIf
    $sData = StringRegExpReplace($sData, '(?s)(?i)autoit3dir=(.*?)' & @CRLF, "autoit3dir=$(SciteDefaultHome)\\.." & @CRLF)
    EnvSet("SciTE_HOME", $sInstallDirectory & $sAU3Directory & "\SciTe")
    __SetFile($sData, $sInstallDirectory & $sAU3Directory & "\SciTe\properties\" & $sAU3Properties)
    __SciTe($sInstallDirectory & $sAU3Directory & "\SciTe\", $iSessionSave)
EndFunc   ;==>_AU3

Func __GetFile($sFile, $sFormat = 0)
    Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFile, $sFormat), $sData
    If $hFileOpen = -1 Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, "")
    EndIf
    $sData = FileRead($hFileOpen)
    FileClose($hFileOpen)
    Return $sData
EndFunc   ;==>__GetFile

Func __SciTe($sSciTeDirectory, $iSessionSave)
    Local $sData, $sSciTeProperties = "SciTEGlobal.properties"
    Local $aArray[7][2] = [[6, 2],["buffers", 15],["save.recent", $iSessionSave],["save.session", $iSessionSave], _
            ["save.position", $iSessionSave],["session.bookmarks", $iSessionSave],["session.folds", 1]]
    $sSciTeDirectory = StringRegExpReplace($sSciTeDirectory, "[\\/]+\z", "") & "\"

$sData = __GetFile($sSciTeDirectory & $sSciTeProperties, 0)
    If @error Then
        Return MsgBox(64, "AutoIt Portable" & " - " & $sSciTeDirectory & $sSciTeProperties, 'Was unable to read the "' & $sSciTeProperties & '", please check the AutoIt directory and configuration.')
    EndIf
    For $A = 1 To $aArray[0][0]
        $sData = StringRegExpReplace($sData, '(?s)(?i)' & $aArray[$A][0] & '=(.*?)' & @CRLF, $aArray[$A][0] & "=" & $aArray[$A][1] & @CRLF)
    Next
    __SetFile($sData, $sSciTeDirectory & $sSciTeProperties)
    If FileExists($sSciTeDirectory & "SciTE.exe") Then
        Return Run($sSciTeDirectory & "SciTE.exe " & $CmdLineRaw, $sSciTeDirectory)
    EndIf
    Return MsgBox(64, "AutoIt Portable" & " - " & $sSciTeDirectory & "SciTE.exe", 'Was unable to run "' & 'SciTE.exe' & '," please check the AutoIt directory and configuration.')
EndFunc   ;==>__SciTe

Func __SetFile($sString, $sFile)
    Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFile, 2)
    FileWrite($hFileOpen, $sString)
    FileClose($hFileOpen)
    If @error Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, $sString)
    EndIf
    Return $sString
EndFunc   ;==>__SetFile

I don't think I modifed it, but I might have. I haven't checked the original in that thread to this one, but mine works fine with the modified wrapper script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Thats an old version BrewManNH! :)

I just tried the new version with putting AutoIt into the App folder & SciTE4AutoIt3 into the SciTe and it does work, so here is a compiled version. Just read the text file and let me me know.

Download: http://localhostr.com/file/09DdTAB/AutoIt%20Portable.zip

Edit: Also, for testing purposes just use the files from AutoIt & SciTE4AutoIt3 only.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I haven't needed to update to the latest version because this one has been working for me so far. :)

Does your new version work with my modified Autoit3Wrapper script if you have Autoit installed on the computer already?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Does your new version work with my modified Autoit3Wrapper script if you have Autoit installed on the computer already?

No, not as far as I know, since I don't have an installed Version to test with. I'm what you call a Portable Freeware fan :)

But with the new Version there isn't a big difference between the one you posted, only syntax changes. And it works, because I compiled the ZIP version (I uploaded) with the Portable Wrapper, so I have no idea why goldenix can't get it to work.

UDF List:

okey so I tried this & the one with portable wrapper still refuses to compile stuff.

the one with not portable wrapper seems to be working, so im going to stick with it for the time being.

I also captured my test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB8XqWOVB3w

The 2nd Version you were using AutoIt Portable from June 2011, perhaps trying the recent upload might Help?!

UDF List:

I've uploaded a new & hopefully improved version of AutoIt Portable. It now supports multiple languages. :)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• 5 months later...

Alright It has been a lot of time since I posted this topic & started using autoit portable.

I had plenty of time to test this, so hire is some feedback.

I have been usinf AutoIt Portable V1.0.0.2

you can download it from hire:(it may have newer version tho)

1) Installing this, or so to say, to make this portable was real pain in the neck. the tutorial is horrible.

2) It works fine, really good, no problems so far.

3) Creating new autoit files is not convenient, I would love to right click & make new au3 file. I understand, that would not make the release quite portable, but I dont care, It would be nice to have an executable that would add right click functionality if i need to restore backup for example. (just click the exe & all works again)

but its no there.

In any case its portable & it works without any errors. Its been a half a year now or so & no issues what so ever. so if you guys want portable I do highly recommend this one.

Edited by goldenix

It's here too >> plus I uploaded a new version a couple of days ago, V1.0.0.2 is old!

The tutorial might not be prefect, but I did include "AutoIt Creator" where you just drop both files onto the GUI to create the appropriate infrastucture for AutoIt Portable (I personally don't want to re-distribute AutoIt). I can add the option for the .au3 extension to work with AutoIt Portable but honestly it's something you could create yourself by using the UDF (I created this too.)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

If you're wondering download the and use this >> (an example only, change the filepaths accordingly)

_ShellFile_Install("AutoIt Portable", "au3", "AutoItPortable", @ScriptDir & "AutoIt Portable.exe", @ScriptDir & "AutoIt Portable.exe", 0)

UDF List:

If you're wondering download the and use this >> (an example only, change the filepaths accordingly)

_ShellFile_Install("AutoIt Portable", "au3", "AutoItPortable", @ScriptDir & "AutoIt Portable.exe", @ScriptDir & "AutoIt Portable.exe", 0)

Regarding dropping stuff into gui, It was really hard for me to figure out that the small thing that popped out was actually the gui & then I had issue where I did not know in what order to drop stuff into it...It may not mater but it confused me a lot.

If you ask me then I would do so simple that even not very bright people will be able to understand.

A gui with step by step guide.

Button 1: step 1: download autoit:(pressing it will shellexecute the Autoit dl page:)

Button 2: Step 2: a tooltip explains that user needs to extract autoit into xxx folder

Button 3: Step 3 etc...

Might sound a bit over simplified but I have done a guide like this before for a certain game server installation. And to my surprise the guide became really popular. Many people liked it.

So I wold recommend you do the same.

With the AutoIt Creator you just drop the autoit-v3-sfx.exe and SciTE4AutoIt3.zip onto the GUI and voila it creates it for you. But I will consider changing it in the future.

Also would you mind changing the link in #36 to this page instead >> thanks. It points to the website but I would rather if people have a problem they first consult the thread.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: