How to start FF hidden?

I read a few threads here and elsewhere that doesn't look too promising. However, I used some trickery to kind of make it work:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe")
Do
     Sleep(20)
Until WinExists("Mozilla Firefox")
WinSetTrans("Mozilla Firefox", "", 0)
Sleep(2000)
WinSetState ("[Last]", "", @SW_HIDE)

MsgBox(0, "", "Firefox is now hidden and transparent. Click OK to undo those attributes")

WinSetState ("[Last]", "", @SW_SHOW)
WinSetTrans("[Last]", "", 255)

#include <ByteMe.au3>

Hi Devol,

Is it possible the that Firefox has started hidden, but is trying to update itself, or an add-on, or is showing (hidden) the add-ins update page and waiting for you to close that? Does task manager list Firefox?

Richard.

Hi Richard,

nope, i`ve the latest FF installed and my add-ons are up to date too.

It`s a general problem with the functions "Run/ShellExecute", you can try to start FF as described above, it`s not possible.

Greetz

Devol

Edited by Devol

Devol,

Yes, Firefox starts visible, as you say. I tried it with WinWord, and it started hidden (banner visible, then hidden). So assuming AutoIt is just passing the names through, then it's Firefox that's not behaving?

Richard

Devol,

Yes, Firefox starts visible, as you say. I tried it with WinWord, and it started hidden (banner visible, then hidden). So assuming AutoIt is just passing the names through, then it's Firefox that's not behaving?

Richard

It's definitely Firefox. They changed a bunch of stuff with version 3.6, then again in 4.0. Personally, I think they are doing these things on purpose. If it's harder to control a program, then it's harder to do malicious things to the program.

#include <ByteMe.au3>

So it`s not a bug , but it`s not working anyway. :)

Should I report this in the Bugtracker?

So you have tried multiple versions of AutoIt on THE SAME Firefox and the old versions work but not the newest? That points to something changing in AutoIt, go ahead and make a ticket for a devs opinion. Edited by AdmiralManHairAlkex

So it`s not a bug , but it`s not working anyway. :)

Should I report this in the Bugtracker?

Go ahead, make yourself look even more stupid.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Go ahead, make yourself look even more stupid.

What`s wrong with you? I used this "feature" and now it`s not working anymore...

However , I`ll report this. (that`s what the bugtracker is made for...)

Thanks @ all :)

not realy, its to report parts that don't work, as far i can see it still works on other applications, if its only FF problem, than its FF bug and you shud report it on their forum. If its not working anymore logical question is did you update autoit or FF? the one you update is the one you should report the bug to, and from the text above i can see that you updated FF...

Edit: 4 of them are telling him that its FF problem and he still feel the need to report to autoit bug tracker :);)

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.