Two Scripts using InetGet

WHen I have two scripts that happen to have InetGet calls that coincide (downloading at same time), the download time essentiall doubles. CPU usage is low, only about 25%, so that is not the bottleneck.. I've got cable, runs fast close to the advertised 3000mb/s.

I have WXP, hame windows LAN with Zone alarm firewall.

Does anyone know what the bottleneck might be and how to get around it?

Best Regards

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X

WHen I have two scripts that happen to have InetGet calls that coincide (downloading at same time), the download time essentiall doubles.  CPU usage is low, only about 25%, so that is not the bottleneck..  I've got cable, runs fast close to the advertised 3000mb/s.

I have WXP, hame windows LAN with Zone alarm firewall.

Does anyone know what the bottleneck might be and how to get around it?

Best Regards

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This makes sense to me.

(Time to download both files at same time)~=(Time to download file1)+(Time to download file2)

If both files sizes are similar or the same the download time should just about double.

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

This makes sense to me. (Time to download both files at same time)~=(Time to download file1)+(Time to download file2)

If both files sizes are similar or the same the download time should just about double.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya but......actual file sizes are very small, CPU useage is low, internet connection is fast, so it looks like the process is done serially not parallel, even though the downloads are initiated by two different scripts. Perhaps only one instance of IE explorer is used rather than two???

Larry

I'm, Lovin' IT, X