Java HTML Embedded

Hello All,

I am trying to open an embedded page (Microsoft web outlook) and it is saying "Page Cannot be displayed". When I try through internet explorer, it opens fine (first asking for your username and password).

Has anyone had any luck with embedding microsoft web outlook into their gui?

I had another thought. Could it be because it is asking for a username and password when I use internet explorer? Is there anything I can do to push my username and password to the gui and see if that is it?

I have never tried it, but it should be the same as any other page loaded in an embedded IE, does other pages work for you? Have you tried Google in your embedded IE? ;)

Post your code maybe a t-rex ran away while you weren't error checking. :)

I have never tried it, but it should be the same as any other page loaded in an embedded IE, does other pages work for you? Have you tried Google in your embedded IE? ;)

Post your code maybe a t-rex ran away while you weren't error checking. :)

ya, thats what I thought. If other pages work, then so should this one. I have multiple webpages that work fine (both internal web pages, and external web pages) and they all work fine. but as soon as I try web outlook, it says "Page cannot be dispalyed".

Its hard to post my script because it is many thousand lines. ;) but here is the couple lines that are important.

$oIEDashboard = _IECreateEmbedded()
$WebPageDashboard = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIEDashboard, 5, 85, 880, 605)
GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKRIGHT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT)
_IENavigate($oIEDashboard, "http://toronto8.MyCompanyName.com/exchange/")

But, if I type http://toronto8.MyCompanyName.com/exchange/ Into my internet explorer, it asks for a username and password, then works.

Edited by bartekd

You'll need to fashion a small reproducer from your code.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

You could use the example script that shows embedded IE in a GUI and simply try the URL that is giving you trouble. That should be a vanilla script you can use to test with.

Here is my example script that I just tested, and gave me the page cannot be displayed.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister ()

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, _
        (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN)
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360)
$GUI_Button_Back = GUICtrlCreateButton("Back", 10, 420, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Forward = GUICtrlCreateButton("Forward", 120, 420, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Home = GUICtrlCreateButton("Home", 230, 420, 100, 30)
$GUI_Button_Stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop", 340, 420, 100, 30)

GUISetState()       ;Show GUI

_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://toronto8.MyCompanyName.com/exchange/")

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Home
            _IENavigate ($oIE, "http://toronto8.MyCompanyName.com/exchange/")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Back
            _IEAction ($oIE, "back")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Forward
            _IEAction ($oIE, "forward")
        Case $msg = $GUI_Button_Stop
            _IEAction ($oIE, "stop")
    EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit

There is no Java in that page.

I found that the original page redirects to the login page. I found that if I used the redirect url instead of the one in the form you gave, I was able to get the login screen. In my case, I still could not proceed because I am in an environment that requires a smart key and certificate and I was not prompted for the password. See if the redirect gets you where you need to be.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble