PING + PROGRESS BAR

Good day guys. I'm just learning autoit and i need your help in making a progress bar to ping a computer using stdreadout. The progress bar will continue to run until a certain site will reply when pinged. What i mean is that when you ping a website using command prompt, the script will read the phrase "Reply from" and would automatically stop and will post a message confirming that the site is alive. I have a vb script that does this but it doesn't have a GUI or progress bar. here is my vb scipt code:

While Not Connected

strTarget = "www.google.com"

Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set objExec = objShell.Exec("ping -n 2 -w 1000 " & strTarget)

strPingResults = LCase(objExec.StdOut.ReadAll)

If InStr(strPingResults, "reply from") Then

Connected=True

End If

Wend

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply wakillon. I was able to make a script. The progress bar is working but it still runs even though there is a response when I ping google through command prompt. Here is my script:

#include <Constants.au3>

$sLocation = "www.google.com"

Dim $Prog
Dim $ProgMax
Dim $Wait

$ProgMax = 500
$Wait = 1

$Process = Run (@ComSpec & " /c ping -n 100 -w 10 " & $sLocation, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

ProgressOn ("PINGER","","")

While 1
    $Read = StdoutRead ($Process)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If not StringInStr ($Read, 'Reply from') then
        For $Prog = 1 to $ProgMax
        ProgressSet(($Prog/$ProgMax)*100,"","Checking WEBSITE availability")
        Sleep($Wait * 1000)
        Next
    Else
        msgBox(4096, "SUCCESS", "The SERVER Replied", 0)
    EndIf
        Sleep(10)
WEnd

ProgressOff()

Please guide me here. :)

Ok try like this :

#include <Constants.au3>

$sLocation = "www.google.com"

Dim $Prog
Dim $ProgMax
Dim $Wait

$ProgMax = 500
$Wait = 1

$Process = Run ( @ComSpec & " /c ping -n 100 -w 10 " & $sLocation, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    If StringInStr ($Read, 'Reply from' ) = 0  Then 
        $Prog = $Prog + 1
        ProgressSet ( $Prog, "", "Checking WEBSITE availability" )
        Sleep ( $Wait * 100 )
    Else
        ProgressOff()
        While ProcessExists ( 'Ping.exe' )
            ProcessClose ( 'Ping.exe' )
        WEnd
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

but i'll let you set progress limit ! Posted Image

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Thanks for the code wakillon. Still have a problem.:) The script or the progress bar doesnt run when the server doesnt respond or reply when pinged.. It seems that autoit automatically exits. got any idea?

I tried replacing /c with /k but autoit exits and cmd.exe stays on the background.

$Process = Run ( @ComSpec & " /k ping -n 100 -w 10 " & $sLocation, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

Try this

#include <Constants.au3>

$sLocation = "www.googlle.com"

Dim $Prog
Dim $ProgMax
Dim $Wait

$ProgMax = 500
$Wait = 1

$Process = Run ( @ComSpec & " /c ping -n 100 -w 10 " & $sLocation, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While ProcessExists ( $Process )
    If Not @error Then
        If $Read Then ConsoleWrite ( "$Read : " & $Read & @Crlf ) ; when it write that it's time out you should exitloop
        If StringInStr ($Read, 'Reply from' ) = 0  Then
            $Prog = $Prog + 1
            ProgressSet ( $Prog, "", "Checking WEBSITE availability" )
            Sleep ( $Wait * 100 )
        Else
            ProgressOff()
            While ProcessExists ( 'Ping.exe' )
                ProcessClose ( 'Ping.exe' )
            WEnd
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

But mine speak french, i can't give you the english words that you will find for "time out" Posted Image

Why not simply use the built-in Ping command straight from AutoIt and read the return from it to determine if you're connected or not? It's a lot simpler than trying to determine it from reading the StdReadOut from a command.

Or you could use the _GetIP command and see if it returns an IP address or not, if you're not connected to the internet then _GetIP will probably return -1 instead.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Why not simply use the built-in Ping command straight from AutoIt and read the return from it to determine if you're connected or not? It's a lot simpler than trying to determine it from reading the StdReadOut from a command.

Or you could use the _GetIP command and see if it returns an IP address or not, if you're not connected to the internet then _GetIP will probably return -1 instead.

@'BrewManNH

He simply want a progress bar while waiting for ping request result...Posted Image

@'BrewManNH

He simply want a progress bar while waiting for ping request result...Posted Image

Then what should be done is check it using the Ping() command and use a marquee style progress bar, because using a regular progress bar doesn't work well if you don't know how long you're going to wait. Or he could use the handy-dandy progressbar UDF I have linked in my signature.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator