Can someone steer me in the right direction

Sam1el

I"m not gonna lie. I'm completely new. I may be getting in way over my head but I wanted to ask if what i'm doing is even possible.

I created a script recently that would read arrays from 2 .csv files and use that info to create a structure of folders with sub folders predetermined. I have been reading the helpfile on gui creation and I have written some of the examples with my own twists multiple times just to understand how they work. What I want the gui to do is allow them to choose their own csv files and then create the directories. I know I will need 2 buttons that will open tree view to select the .csv files they want. I'm just not really sure how to make _filereadtoarray and dircreate integrate with the gui functions. I by no means want anyone to do this for me but maybe a push in the right direction or some examples would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the working script i will be using.

#include <File.au3> ;needed for _FileReadToArray function

Dim $asDirList ;declare array var for lines of file
Dim $asDirList2

_FileReadToArray("dir.csv", $asDirList);read lines of file into array with 1st element=num of lines read
_FileReadToArray("subs.csv", $asDirList2)
If @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Error, Could not read file.")

For $i = 1 To $asDirList[0]
    For $2 = 1 To $asDirList2[0]
        $asDirList[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($asDirList[$i], ",(\w+)", " $1") ;replace ,test with _test
        $asDirList[$i] = StringReplace($asDirList[$i], ",", "") ;remove trailing commas
        DirCreate(@ScriptDir & "\" & $asDirList[$i] & "\" & $asDirList2[$2]) ;create dir
    Next
Next

Maybe this:

Dim $asDirList2

$csv1 = FileOpenDialog('Select CSV file 1', @ScriptDir & "\", "CSV (*.csv)", 1 + 2 )
If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096,"","No File 1 chosen")
    Exit
EndIf

$csv2 = FileOpenDialog('Select CSV file 2', @ScriptDir & "\", "CSV (*.csv)", 1 + 2 )
If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096,"","No File 2 chosen")
    Exit
EndIf

_FileReadToArray($csv1, $asDirList);read lines of file into array with 1st element=num of lines read
If @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Error, Could not read file 1.")
_FileReadToArray($csv2, $asDirList2)
If @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Error, Could not read file 2.")

$asDirList[$i] = StringRegExpReplace($asDirList[$i], ",(\w+)", " $1") ;replace ,test with _test
        DirCreate(@ScriptDir & "\" & $asDirList[$i] & "\" & $asDirList2[$2]) ;create dir
    Next
Next

Maybe this:

Dim $asDirList2

$csv1 = FileOpenDialog('Select CSV file 1', @ScriptDir & "\", "CSV (*.csv)", 1 + 2 )
If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096,"","No File 1 chosen")
    Exit
EndIf

$csv2 = FileOpenDialog('Select CSV file 2', @ScriptDir & "\", "CSV (*.csv)", 1 + 2 )
If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096,"","No File 2 chosen")
    Exit
EndIf

_FileReadToArray($csv1, $asDirList);read lines of file into array with 1st element=num of lines read
If @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Error, Could not read file 1.")
_FileReadToArray($csv2, $asDirList2)
If @error Then MsgBox(0, "", "Error, Could not read file 2.")

Next
Next

Something like that would work. I was thinking more of an interface with some browse type buttons but, that's more than I was able to make it do and your code shows me some of what I was overthinking thank you very much

For GUI definitely look at Koda

I can help you integrate it to your GUI

I been reading up on it all day. been messing with it for an hour or so. I'm managed to create my buttons and get the interface how I like. i'm strugling with the onclick functions at the moment.

I been reading up on it all day. been messing with it for an hour or so. I'm managed to create my buttons and get the interface how I like. i'm strugling with the onclick functions at the moment.

I have never understood the onclick part of Koda. You just gave me the motivation to look at it again. It seems that enabling that option mere creates the "Case $Button1" section for you (or whatever gui control you enabled it for). If it is set to not notify, it doesn't create that line for you. I always just typed up that part myself.

Here's part of the while loop that reacts to you clicking a button:

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1
            ; this is what should happen when you click the button. Example on next line: call a function
            _MyMsgBox()
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _MyMsgBox()
    MsgBox(0, "", "You clicked the button")
EndFunc

#include <ByteMe.au3>

Koda is tool for creating only GUI part of your script, not the rest of code.

In Koda just create GUI with desired controls and then generate AU3 code.

Then manually modify this AU3 code by adding whole logic.

Koda is tool for creating only GUI part of your script, not the rest of code.

In Koda just create GUI with desired controls and then generate AU3 code.

Then manually modify this AU3 code by adding whole logic.

ahh ok.

THen i guess the part in koda I need help withis a browse button with a text box next to it that shows the file you chose that's what i've been fighting with