Monitor buttons

DLB

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

History: My company is using an application now with Win7 that works perfectly with XP. The application uses external modules that do not function in Win7 and will not be updated. So, I need to write a script that will monitor the window (See Attached Image) and then let me know when either of the two (2) buttons are clicked. Since the support module is not installed the buttons will not do anything. My script will take over when the buttons are clicked.

post-46146-0-01674400-1312313579_thumb.j

Detecting when the window is open and active is easy and works. However, I have not been able to detect when the "Eject" or "Format" buttons are clicked.

Format DVD Script.au3

Again, thanks for any help that you may give.

David

May be your controlID are wrong ...

What's values of $EjectHandle and $FormatHandle did you get ?

Sorry, my inexperience with forums is evident.

The $EjectHandle = 0x00010406

The $FormatHandle = 0x00010408

Somehow I figure the problem is here but don't have a clue what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

David

My guess is that the best way would be to install a WM_COMMAND message hook for the buttons of the window once you detect that it exists. This can only be done with an external dll. Not quite a trivial code I instantly can provide :mellow:. Do a search on the forum for how to hook into the message queue. Last posts this came to my attention are these from trancexx and Melba23: