AnyDVD automation

I have made an AutoIt script to automate anyDVD ripping for DVD and I have a 2nd AutoIt script running to monitor failed rips. The only problem is that on failure 2 windows boxes are seen for a brief second. Does anyone know if these windows can be hidden completely?

AnyDVD ripper needs to be running prior to the scripts execution

I am a complete novice at this

Attached are the 2 scripts

anydvdRip.au3

ErrorChecker.au3

I think this will only work after the windows has opened, but if you put a while loop I think it can't be noticed.

The windows are only appearing for a split second, what I was really wondering was if I could hide them before they have a chance to appear?

The windows are only appearing for a split second, what I was really wondering was if I could hide them before they have a chance to appear?

Stop and think about it for a second...

How can you hide something that's not there yet?

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

As I say I'm a novice but I just want this to be seamless. I thought it might be possible to set a window to zero transparency before it is open. I take it the windows message will appear no matter how briefly? Shame

It's not obvious to me what the 2 windows are that you want to hide, but if they are created by the external app it can be very difficult to prevent them from comming into view for a short time.

There are 2 possibilities I can think of.

First possibility.

Instead of using WInWait use WInExists. This might need to be frequently checked to catch it before it shows so perhaps an AdLIbregister. Windows are created in memory, and so exist, and then they are drawn on the screen, ie made visible, if required So if you can delete a window as soon as it exists it will never be seen. It might be difficult to respond quickly enough.

Second possibility

If you initiate some proceedure which results in the possiility of these windows appearing, and if the time between the initiation and the problem windows appearing is within known periods then you could try this crude but effective method. Before the windows might appear take a screen shot of the desktop, (or just the app) display it on a screen size popup window (or appsize popup over the app) which is set to be always on top and remeove it after you have got rid of or hidden the offending windows. It might not work if the windows are also created to be always on top but usually they are only child windows of the app.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.