Cannot pull all information in an input box

Attached is a practice program I was working on. I'm trying to develop a simple GUI that let's you do a quick search using both google maps & google's regl. search page. The problems I'm running into:

1.) If the input box(es) are being typed in (or if they are dirty) make the $btClear become GUICtrlSetState($btClear, $GUI_ENABLE)

2.) When searching only the first word typed is being captured. How can you capture everything typed in the input box even if there is white space between words/characters?

GoogleBar.au3

Attached is a practice program I was working on. I'm trying to develop a simple GUI that let's you do a quick search using both google maps & google's regl. search page. The problems I'm running into:

1.) If the input box(es) are being typed in (or if they are dirty) make the $btClear become GUICtrlSetState($btClear, $GUI_ENABLE)

2.) When searching only the first word typed is being captured. How can you capture everything typed in the input box even if there is white space between words/characters?

GoogleBar.au3

I might not have understood your first question but this is what I think you mean. When the text in an edit is changed a message $EN_CHANGE is sent. I showed a small example recently but there will be many others. So when the edit text changes you can say that if the clear button is not enabled already then enable it. It should also be enabled after you choose search I suppose.

It isn't obvious to me why you want the clear button to be disabled though.

When you are searching for more than one word at a time I think you need to replace the space with '+'. Eg "black+sheep". Or $device= StringReplace(GuiCtrlRead($ibGoogleInput),' ','+')

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

It isn't obvious to me why you want the clear button to be disabled though.

Good point actually. I was just trying to learn how to make that feature happen it wasn't really needed I suppose.

When you are searching for more than one word at a time I think you need to replace the space with '+'. Eg "black+sheep". Or $device= StringReplace(GuiCtrlRead($ibGoogleInput),' ','+')

Thank you for your help. It grabs all the text in the input boxes now, works perfectly!