IP info

I'm making an app to be used for server access inspection, I have a list of IP addresses that are checked and I want to know if anyone here knows of an easy way to find info on an ip.

Say I have IP address 255.255.255.255, I check to see if its pingable, if so, go on to check if the IP has an accessible web service.

Any one have any protips I should know about?

MsgBox(0,"IP",@IPAddress1) Will give you your IP address if that is your question.

I don't quite understand getting info on your IP address could you please expand that statement?

Thanks, but that's not exactly what my inquiry pertained to, say I have the IP address of Google.com, I need a solution for discovering if that IP hosts a web site and what that web sites name would be (E.g. Google.com), problem is, some IP's may host a multitude of services reachable by various domain names, In short, I need to discover if a particular IP address hosts any web services.

And fyi, a more reliable way to find your own IP would be to use _GetIP() or a more updated version of the same-

Func _GetIP2()
    Local $ip, $t_ip, $bRead, $sRead, $sReturn
    If InetGet("http://checkip.dyndns.org/?rnd1=" & Random(1, 65536) & "&rnd2=" & Random(1, 65536), @TempDir & "\~ip.tmp") Then
        $ip = FileRead(@TempDir & "\~ip.tmp", FileGetSize(@TempDir & "\~ip.tmp"))
        FileDelete(@TempDir & "\~ip.tmp")
        $ip = StringTrimLeft($ip, StringInStr($ip, ":") + 1)
        $ip = StringTrimRight($ip, StringLen($ip) - StringInStr($ip, "/") + 2)
        $t_ip = StringSplit($ip, '.')
        If $t_ip[0] = 4 And StringIsDigit($t_ip[1]) And StringIsDigit($t_ip[2]) And StringIsDigit($t_ip[3]) And StringIsDigit($t_ip[4]) Then
            Return $ip
        EndIf
    EndIf
    $bRead = InetRead("http://api.hostip.info/?ip=")
    $sRead = BinaryToString($bRead)
    $sReturn = StringRegExp($sRead, "(.*?)", 3)
    If Not @error Then Return $sReturn[0]
    $bRead = InetRead("http://www.checkingtools.com/ip_check")
    $sReturn = StringRegExp($sRead, '(?s)(?i)[url="/\?ip=(.*?)"]', 3)
    If Not @error Then Return $sReturn[0]
    Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
EndFunc   ;==>_GetIP

Try _TCPIpToName.

I didn't know about that function, thanks Trancexx, that's pretty close to what I need although it didn't hit the nail on the head.

Edit: well, so far my best solution is using inetget and looking for the <title></title> tags.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE

Look at _GetIP() in my signature, there are other sites to obtain more details about an IP address.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Look at _GetIP() in my signature, there are other sites to obtain more details about an IP address.

Why thank you, your sig contains lots of interesting information.

This is the best I've came up with using an internet service to do the work for me, but I can't find anything in their usage terms that say I cant do this so this is what I'll use from now on.

$Info = "None"
$IP = "69.147.76.15"
$bRead = InetRead("http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q="&$IP)
$sReturn = StringRegExp($sRead, 'name="(.*?)"', 3)
If IsArray($sReturn) Then $Info = $sReturn[0]
MsgBox(0,"info",$Info)

This is kind of what I needed.

Correction, this is exactly what I needed, thank you guinness, all these _GetIP() functions really do help.

Edit: I was doing something wrong with trancexx's method, I see not that _TCPIpToName is also pretty much what I needed.

Edited by THAT1ANONYMOUSEDUDE