Help with popup menus

How do I handle the popup menus which result from clicking on toolbar icons in applications such as Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer? This question has been asked before, prior to 2010, but the answers all involved functions such as PopupGetHwnd(), PopupGetType(), PopupGetParent(), PopupScan(), PopupCount(), PopupWait(), and ClickPopupAccel(), which seem to no longer be part of AutoIt. What's the contemporary solution? And why doesn't AutoIt Window Info show any information for these menus? Thanks again.

Click any menu item in Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer, or the "Views" icon on the Windows Explorer toolbar; a window opens offering additional options - those popup menus.

I don`t know what popup you are refered.

This question has been asked before, prior to 2010, but the answers all involved functions such as PopupGetHwnd(), PopupGetType(), PopupGetParent(), PopupScan(), PopupCount(), PopupWait(), and ClickPopupAccel(), which seem to no longer be part of AutoIt.

I can't find anything pointing to them ever being included. Why do you think they have?

Actually, I can't find them on Google nor the forum search. Whatever strange place you read about the functions probably has them.

:mellow:

They appear in dozens of places in this very forum. One example: Apparently, they were once included in Auto3Lib, or A3LMenu.au3.

I can't find anything pointing to them ever being included. Why do you think they have?

Actually, I can't find them on Google nor the forum search. Whatever strange place you read about the functions probably has them.

:mellow:

No wonder I can't search for them when you don't post the actual names :mellow:

Auto3Lib was incorporated in AutoIt 3.2.10.0. Just open helpfile > User Defined Function Reference and they're right there. Functions were renamed, and some edited (or even removed), so a direct conversion may not be easy.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

• Developers

That wasn't helpful. Can anyone point me to a solution that doesn't require functions that have been renamed, edited, or removed?

That wasn't nice, as you have been given the real answer.

So, what do you want?

The original au3lib that was used when incorporated into AutoIt3 and the release of autoIt3 that these functions worked in?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I want what every other visitor to this forum wants: Help solving a problem from an experienced user that will

make me a better AutoIt programmer and allow me to one day return the favor.

That wasn't nice, as you have been given the real answer.

So, what do you want?

The original au3lib that was used when incorporated into AutoIt3 and the release of autoIt3 that these functions worked in?

Jos

• Developers

I want what every other visitor to this forum wants: Help solving a problem from an experienced user that will

make me a better AutoIt programmer and allow me to one day return the favor.

Ok, understand that, so why then dispose of the given answer by making that statement?

The person that created this library has announced a long time ago to leave this forum not to return to maintain this library of functions.

We then went through the effort of picking the UDF's we wanted and incorporated then into the standard set of UDF's.

So, given this information, what was wrong with the given answers?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)