bypass activex in IE?

tcox8

Hello all,

I have created a simple .html file that plays a .mp4 movie within my GUI. However, when I try to run this from a CD/flash drive then the file is not considered local anymore and IE will block the .mp4 from playing until you click the ActiveX allow button. Is it possible to prevent the activex from popping up and just play the movie??? Maybe a registry entry?

Thanks in advance.

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

Hello all,

I have created a simple .html file that plays a .mp4 movie within my GUI. However, when I try to run this from a CD/flash drive then the file is not considered local anymore and IE will block the .mp4 from playing until you click the ActiveX allow button. Is it possible to prevent the activex from popping up and just play the movie??? Maybe a registry entry?

Thanks in advance.

Try this, there's a setting in IE:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced Tab --> Security heading --> Check the box for "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer"

Try this, there's a setting in IE:

Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced Tab --> Security heading --> Check the box for "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer"

Thanks for the reply. However my problem is that these files will be on a CD that will run on multiple computers. Therefor I need to have the script disable the activex (in IE8), on all the computers it will run on.

Edited by tcox8

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

solved.

I used dreamweaver cs3 to embed the .mp4 file in the .html file. This allowed me to bypass the activeX box.

FYI, tutorial on how to do it with dreamweaver: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/chaffin_abraham/embedding-quicktime-movies.php