struggling due to #RequireAdmin

Hi Friends,

I am using stringinstr() function to compare 2strings. This function works fine if i execute it as normal and shows me the proper result.. if i add #RequireAdmin on the code then same Stringinstr() code is not working. can some one help on this? For reference i have the code below.

$file = "[ 2011-08-09 20:31:31 ] : <![LOG[Application DNE 4.1.7 returned an unexpected return code: 2]LOG]!>"
$line = "Application DNE 4.1.7 returned an unexpected return code: 2" 
If StringInStr($file,$line) <> 0 Then 
ConsoleWrite("String2 is there in string1") 
EndIf

The above one is working fine; And the below code is the one which is not working...:mellow:

#RequireAdmin 
$file = "[ 2011-08-09 20:31:31 ] : <![LOG[Application DNE 4.1.7 returned an unexpected return code: 2]LOG]!> " 
$line = "Application DNE 4.1.7 returned an unexpected return code: 2" 
If StringInStr($file,$line) <> 0 Then 
ConsoleWrite("String2 is there in string1") 
EndIf
Edited by Syed23

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

It seems to be working perfectly for me. When I run the non-#requireadmin code on either an admin account or user account, it works. If I run the #requireadmin code on a user account, I get prompted for administrator credentials. I enter the credentials and it works as expected.

What exactly is happening on your system?

#include <ByteMe.au3>

It seems to be working perfectly for me. When I run the non-#requireadmin code on either an admin account or user account, it works. If I run the #requireadmin code on a user account, I get prompted for administrator credentials. I enter the credentials and it works as expected.

The issue happens on Windows 7 machine. In XP it works perfect. Have your tried in Windows 7 ?

For me this works fine... using win7, but i made the test with an admin account.

what version of Autoit you are using ?

Step1: i ran the code without #RequireAdmin and it writes the result successfully.

Step2: Then i added the #RequireAdmin function and i executed the code again, i got UAC prompt then i clicked on OK after that nothing was happening... it's not returning the result.

Step2: Then i added the #RequireAdmin function and i executed the code again, i got UAC prompt then i clicked on OK after that nothing was happening... it's not returning the result.

#RequireAdmin works by checking if the script is running as Admin and if not restarting the script and requesting them, breaking stuff like ConsoleWrite(). You need to launch SciTE as admin, then everything it runs will be admin too.

That or use something else than console to show results.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

#RequireAdmin works by checking if the script is running as Admin and if not restarting the script and requesting them, breaking stuff like ConsoleWrite(). You need to launch SciTE as admin, then everything it runs will be admin too.

That or use something else than console to show results.

Brilliant! That worked :mellow:. i used msgbox instead of consolewrite and it works successfully:) Thanks a lot AdmiralAlkex!