SciTE open new page

I've been searching Google, the AutoIt forums, and the AutoIt Wiki to figure out how to set SciTE to not open the last session. I want SciTE to open a new file. I don't want the last X number of files that I had open when I closed to be re-opened. I found a site online that talked about commenting out save.session=1. I changed it to #save.session=1 and that didn't work. I tried setting it to save.session=0 and that didn't work. (Closed and re-opened SciTE each time I save the new setting.) I could have sworn I had this fixed a long time ago, but haven't had AutoIt installed on my PC for about a year or so. I am running the latest version of SciTE and I downloaded the full version from the AutoIT site.

SciTE

Version 2.27

Jun 24 2011 17:46:25

Any help is appreciated.

Jasen

• Moderators

jaylweb,

Adding save.session=0 to the User Options File (you open it through the <Options> menu) opens a new, empty SciTE for me. :mellow:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

I added that to my SciTEUsers.properties and saved, closed SciTE, reopened SciTE, and it didn't work. The files I had opened were reopened. How do you have it set in global options? 0, 1, commented out?

Edited by jaylweb

• Moderators

jaylweb,

It is actually set to save.session=1, but what you have in your Global options is irrelevant as the User options version will always override it. In fact you should always make changes by adding to the User options rather than changing the Global options as otherwise you will lose your personal settings when you update. :)

We will have to wait until SciTE guru Jos shows up - I will PM him to make sure he does. :mellow:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Developers

The solution works fine for me as well.

There is no need to update SciTEGlobal as SciTEUser.properties overrides that.

You edited SciTEUser via the Menu options in SciTE?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The solution works fine for me as well.

There is no need to update SciTEGlobal as SciTEUser.properties overrides that.

You edited SciTEUser via the Menu options in SciTE?

Jos

Wow. It helps when I look at what else is in my SciTEUser.properties. :mellow: I had added the following a while ago as part of a PHP extension enhancement. It explains why my changes weren't taking effect. :)

# Saves the session for next time it is open.
save.recent=1
save.session=1
load.on.activate=1

Should I set all of those to zero or only the save.session one? I'm not 100% sure what the other two lines are for. I think save.recent is for the recent list.

In fact you should always make changes by adding to the User options rather than changing the Global options as otherwise you will lose your personal settings when you update. :)

So all of the lines that I uncommented for various extensions, I should copy all of them to the user options file? I made several option changes as well. I guess I would hate to lose them all during an update. Edited by jaylweb

• Moderators

jaylweb,

Glad we got to the bottom of it! :)

Should I set all of those to zero

Those are the default values in the Global options file, so you can delete them if you wish. :mellow:

So all of the lines that I uncommented for various extensions, I should copy all of them to the user options file?

Yes, you should not change the Global file, just add the lines you want to change to the User file with the new value. You can also add to the User file - I have a lot of functions in there to run additional utilities that I have written from the <Tools> menu within SciTE.

Here is my Global file which I have not amended it shoudl be the "clean" version. I suggest you use a comparator (I use WinMerge) to note the differences to yours, add the changes to your User file and then replace your Global file with this one. I have had to add the .txt to get it to upload - you will need to remove it before using the file. :)

Good luck. :)

M23

Spoiler

Thanks Melba23!

I used Notepad++ with the Compare plugin to find the differences and copy to my user options. Much appreciated.

This is much better now. Now, I only wish SciTE had a close button on each tab like Notepad++. Oh well. :mellow:

This is much better now. Now, I only wish SciTE had a close button on each tab like Notepad++. Oh well. :mellow:

I use my middle mouse button to close the tabs in scite, easier than having to navigate to a smallish "x" in the corner.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator