SciTE Jump - Navigate between functions and regions in an AutoIt script

guinness

Just started playing with this last month, and am loving it. Congrats on the official package inclusion. Working with larger scripts just got soooooooo much easier.

From the Readme text file ...

I read that in the Readme and it wasn't clear what it did from that line. Like I said, I selected a folder and it didn't seem to do anything after selecting it.

So you can either drop a folder on to SciTE Jump or select it via the small icon, but essentially the input next to the folder icon is for searching keywords within files in the folder you selected, it will also recursively search. Once you've entered the keyword e.g. myFunction hit the 'ENTER' key and it will start to populate the files in the treeview. If you select a file it will open up in SciTE and to get back to the functions view, hit 'Refresh'

Note: I used for this feature.

So it is supposed to look for whatever you type into the input box next to the folder button, in the files in that folder? Because if I type in, for example, _array and then select a folder, what is it supposed to show me? Because it's not showing anything for me.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hit the ENTER key and it will start to search.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

See, I knew it was something basic I was missing. :)

I had put in the search string and then selected the folder, selecting the folder and then typing the search string (and hitting enter) was the ticket. Thanks for the help, this will make finding my lost functions in some obscure file easier.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

No problem, you hit the nail on the head, the Readme does need a lot more work now it's included in SciTE4AutoIt3.

You've always been helpful to me BrewManNH, so if you have any new ideas/ features then please don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Developers

No problem, you hit the nail on the head, the Readme does need a lot more work now it's included in SciTE4AutoIt3.

You've always been helpful to me BrewManNH, so if you have any new ideas/ features then please don't hesitate to ask.

What about doing it in html so I can also include it in the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Yeh I can do that too.

UDF List:

This is very cool. the readme said it can be added to scite by right clicking the header...the option to add it doesnt appear (windows7)

Doesnt matter tho, i made a script that launches scite and jump in succession so that its always there when I launch from the desktop.

Nicely done.

I do have a suggestion..ie request for future development and enhancement.

What do you think of giving it the ability to rearrange functions? ie...you drag a function name to a different location in the tree and it would move it to that new location in the script (it'd beat the heck out of cutting and pasting!)

anyhow...just a suggestion and I wanted to say thanx for the nice improvement to scite and making the handling of large scripts much easier!

Kudos

This is very cool. the readme said it can be added to scite by right clicking the header...the option to add it doesnt appear (windows7)

Doesnt matter tho, i made a script that launches scite and jump in succession so that its always there when I launch from the desktop.

If you have the latest version of SciTE4AutoIt3 then it won't display because SciTE Jump is already included with thisversion, use Ctrl + Alt + J to display or continue using your script.

Nicely done.

I do have a suggestion..ie request for future development and enhancement.

What do you think of giving it the ability to rearrange functions? ie...you drag a function name to a different location in the tree and it would move it to that new location in the script (it'd beat the heck out of cutting and pasting!)

anyhow...just a suggestion and I wanted to say thanx for the nice improvement to scite and making the handling of large scripts much easier!

Kudos

It's a suggestion and one I might consider in the future thanks. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

It doesn't have the option to sort functions yet but it may do in the future. I wanted something simple so the only settings are changing the language or restarting SciTE, which can be accessed from the title bar menu.

If SciTE Hopper suits your requirements then please continue to use that version.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Ah come on! Should be easy for you. Maybe also add the suggestion I made in the other thread, too :)

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

In the next week or so I will have a look at adding the sort function as it's been something on my todo list for quite sometime, as far as your other suggestions are concerned perhaps in the near future.

UDF List:

I also suggest an option to retain entered filter string when switching files in Scite. The reason is simple - I am looking for some func in one file but it is in the another so I switch but then have to write the search string again. Thank you

I also suggest an option to retain entered filter string

Will do. Thanks.

UDF List:

Hi, I first came across the hopper app and tried that one, its nice and has a few more functions than this one but i had so many bugs that i couldn't use it as is. I have posted on his topic.

So i then came across jump, but again i find a very similar problem, quite often when i click on a function it unfolds other functions above & below ?

Heres a pic to show what happens , you can see on the jump gui what i selected and in scite what the result was. All functions were folded before i clicked on jump. btw I have over 300 functions in this script.

(link as pic is prob a bit to big)

http://jackdinn.co.uk/pics/0107-23%2052%20%2009113.jpg

still jump at least does get me to the function i was requesting whereas hopper would often open so many other functions that the func i picked would be nowhere to be seen.

Cheers.

Thx all,Jack Dinn.

JD's Auto Internet Speed Tester

JD's Clip Catch (With Screen Shot Helper)

Projects :- AutoIt - My projects

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features. :-D

Could you perhaps provide the script. If you want just PM me and I will have a look at it.

Edit: Did you use the version include with SciTE4AutoIt3?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

This isn't a bug, it's the default behaviour of SciTE. To test select View >> Toggle All Folds and then use 'search and replace' the same behaviour is replicated.

UDF List:

Thanks, burnell. I will upload to the main site.

UDF List: