SciTE Jump - Navigate between functions and regions in an AutoIt script

guinness

Found another bug:

Just pasted a function to current script and SciTE Jump crashed -> Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

Line 2273  (File "C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTESciTEJumpSourceSciTE Jump.au3"):

Local $sFunction = $__FunctionLines[$iLine]
Local $sFunction = ^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded

SciTE Jump version: V1.16.58.64.

Yes, HelpFile.chm is in the same location as SciTE Jump

Sometimes when I click the dock button the windows title will be deleted and the docking window form is not correct (still have the windows title bar).

Tested on Win7 x64.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Just pasted a function to current script and SciTE Jump crashed -> Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

I got this about 10 mins ago, trying to reproduce the problem for the last 9 mins but to no avail.

Yes, HelpFile.chm is in the same location as SciTE Jump

What version of Windows do you have?

Sometimes when I click the dock button the windows title will be deleted and the docking window form is not correct (still have the windows title bar).

I get this from time to time, I don't know if it's AutoIt or Windows.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

I got it again, the bug will be fixed as I knew/know the problem.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

The array error I fixed as that was just bad error testing on my part and I didn't think it would happen, but the HelpFile.chm issue I can't replicate nor can I begin to understand why setting the style sometimes fails to change. This is one reason why I didn't want to change the style and opt instead for moving the GUI to the right. Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Update will be coming tomorrow after I've given this new version a 'test run.'

UDF List:

Regarding the help file issue: when I select Help (F1) it will open SciTE's helpfile not HelpFile.chm!

Regarding the style issue - maybe you could save the complete value for style and exstyle and restore it by value.

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Regarding the help file issue: when I select Help (F1) it will open SciTE's helpfile not HelpFile.chm!

Fixed. Now I used the SciTE Jump help file by default as it appears you either have an old help file or another issue.

Regarding the style issue - maybe you could save the complete value for style and exstyle and restore it by value.

I can at least give it a go.

In the mean time I've been putting ScITE Jump through some tests and noticed that the 'Search & Replace' dialogue box moves behind the SciTE window. After comparing the source code from the previous version and scratching my head I soon realised the problem was using GUICtrlSetTip, so for now I've disabled it.

Edit: I will have to some tests to see how to combat this issue.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Sorry about the delay everyone.

burnell, thanks ever so much, I've added the language to the bug fix release coming soon.

Yashied, cheers for voting, it's very much appreciated especially coming from someone with whom I owe a great deal of gratitude for creating WinAPIEx. Your request has been added to the next release.

wraithdu, I used WinActivate on the SciTE GUI after creating the SciTE Jump GUI but to no avail or did you have another idea. I can't see why using GUICtrlSetTip which cause such a strange problem, when I close SciTE Jump the Search & Replace dialogue is on top again.

UDF List:

I tried this but it's the same issue, changing the style is very sporadic.

UDF List:

OK, that's going to require a bit of a code re-write, maybe after this next release.

Plus, I'm sure I'm using GUISetStyle correctly.

UDF List:

Small reproducer >>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $iStyleChange = 0
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate('', 500, 500, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

Local $iOK = GUICtrlCreateButton('OK', 500 - 180, 500 - 30, 85, 25)
    GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT + $GUI_DOCKSIZE + $GUI_DOCKBOTTOM)

Local $iClose = GUICtrlCreateButton('Close', 500 - 90, 500 - 30, 85, 25)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $iClose
                ExitLoop

Case $iOK
                $iStyleChange = Number(Not $iStyleChange)
                If $iStyleChange Then
                    GUISetStyle(BitOR($WS_POPUPWINDOW, $WS_SIZEBOX), -1, $hGUI)
                Else
                    GUISetStyle(BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX), -1, $hGUI)
                EndIf

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example

UDF List:

I think I fixed it...

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $aWinGetPos, $iStyleChange = 0
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate('', 500, 500, -1, -1, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX))

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
                ExitLoop

Case $iOK
                If $iStyleChange Then
                    $aWinGetPos = WinGetPos($hGUI)
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iOK, Default, 500 - 52, Default, Default)
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iClose, Default, 500 - 52, Default, Default)
                    WinMove($hGUI, '', Default, Default, Default, $aWinGetPos[3] - 1)
                    WinMove($hGUI, '', Default, Default, Default, $aWinGetPos[3])

Else
                    $aWinGetPos = WinGetPos($hGUI)
                    GUISetStyle(BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX, $WS_SIZEBOX), -1, $hGUI)
                    WinMove($hGUI, '', Default, Default, Default, $aWinGetPos[3] - 1)
                    WinMove($hGUI, '', Default, Default, Default, $aWinGetPos[3])
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iOK, Default, 500 - 30, Default, Default)
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iClose, Default, 500 - 30, Default, Default)
                EndIf
        EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I believe GUISetStyle must use SetWindowLong(Ptr) internally, so these comments from MSDN would apply:

Remarks

Certain window data is cached, so changes you make using SetWindowLong will not take effect until you call the SetWindowPos function. Specifically, if you change any of the frame styles, you must call SetWindowPos with the SWP_FRAMECHANGED flag for the cache to be updated properly.

Edited by wraithdu

Here you go:

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    Local $iStyleChange = 0

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
                ExitLoop

Case $iOK
                If $iStyleChange Then
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iOK, Default, 500 - 52, Default, Default)
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iClose, Default, 500 - 52, Default, Default)
                    _WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hGUI, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE, $SWP_NOZORDER, $SWP_FRAMECHANGED))
                Else
                    _WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hGUI, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOSIZE, $SWP_NOZORDER, $SWP_FRAMECHANGED))
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iOK, Default, 500 - 30, Default, Default)
                    GUICtrlSetPos($iClose, Default, 500 - 30, Default, Default)
                EndIf

EndSwitch
    WEnd
EndFunc   ;==>Example
Edited by wraithdu

Thanks wraithdu, was just about to submit an update but literally just saw your code, I'll add it now. Once again thanks.

UDF List:

I've updated SciTE Jump with emphasis on fixing bugs (finding workarounds mostly) to issues reported by UEZ & wraithdu as well as a couple of additions, especially remembering SciTE Jump's last position, kindly suggested by Yashied.

It should be noted that in the new version I've added additional language strings, so if you would like to update your language please send me the new translation and I will update accordingly. When you start the latest version you'll be asked 'Do you want to upgrade?', select 'Yes' if you want to.

Language Changes: (No additions were made in this current release.)

# CHANGES IN LANGUAGE FILE FROM V1.15.55.57 TO V1.16.58.64 #

Added:

CLOSE=Close

MENU_MONITORLINE=Scroll within function list

TIP_MSG_1=Refresh %PROGRAMNAME%

TIP_MSG_10=Add the current AutoIt script to the includes folder.

TIP_MSG_11=Remove the current AutoIt script from the includes folder.

TIP_MSG_12=Select to overwrite the current AutoIt script in the includes folder if present.

TIP_MSG_13=Open the Obfuscator folder.

TIP_MSG_2=Lists directories to search within.

TIP_MSG_3=Clear the list of directories.

TIP_MSG_4=Dock %PROGRAMNAME% to SciTE.

TIP_MSG_5=Select a directory to add to the current list.

TIP_MSG_6=Export to various formats or details about the AutoIt script.

TIP_MSG_7=Select to display the list of files that will be replaced.

TIP_MSG_8=Select to use case sensitive searching.

TIP_MSG_9=Replace a certain word or certain within a list of files.

Changelog:

- ADDED: Progress bar to searching within files to visually show searching is in progress.

- ADDED: Revert back to normal mode if in dock mode to save the position of SciTE Jump.

- ADDED: Saving the last current position. (Thanks Yashied)

- ADDED: SciTE Jump will now adjust the height of the SciTE Jump window relative to SciTE. Only in dock mode. (I wanted to add this back in V1.15.55.57)

- FIXED: Bug where 'Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts' would occur at certain intervals when using the 'automatically scroll within SciTE Jump' feature. (Thanks UEZ)

- FIXED: Issue when docking to SciTE would cause the UI to sometimes look a little out of place. (Thanks wraithdu)

- FIXED: Issue with button images not displaying correctly in Windows XP.

- FIXED: Issue with displaying SciTE4AutoIt3's help file if using an older version. Now SciTE Jump's help file is automatically used instead.

- FIXED: Issue with Windows XP when docking the GUI to the right side of SciTE and changing the style.

- FIXED: Right-click context menu not displaying on the search or find in files results.

- FIXED: Right-click menu on the GUI not displaying when in dock mode.

- REMOVED: Tooltips to certain controls for now as this was causing a conflict with SciTE's replace dialogue.

UDF List:

I am translating the new messages list to Dutch and this message confuses me

IP_MSG_9=Replace a certain word or certain within a list of files.

Can be my english knowledge that's insufficient but it feels like something is missing after the second "certain"