_GetIP crash

Hi to all, i have a strange error. For example if i try this simple code:

MsgBox(0,"My IP",_GetIP())

If my connection is down and i try to run that, the script crashes and i have to waith much more than 1 minutes before the script is unlocked with the message "-1". Can i set a timeout to _GetIp()? This is very annoying =(

Hi!

Edited by StungStang

I have just tried but it's the same problem. It took too much time to give me the -1, if i voluntary turn off my connection to test the function, in this time the script just freeze.

For example i use get ip to know if the user can use the internet connection, to download any file:

If _GetIP() = -1 Then
    ;Download a file
Else
    MsgBox(16,"Error","Can't connect to internet!")
EndIf

In the long time that _GetIP give me -1 the script just freeze =(

Hi!

Your scipt tell the internal ip for ex. 192.168.0.1, _GetIP give the external ip. For example if i connect my pc with the wifi, and i disconnect my adsl from the router pannel, the wifi connection is still alive but of course i cant connect to internt. In this case _GetIP() fail, give -1 afer 1 minutes, in this time the script freeze =).

For example if i launch the script and suddenly my router disconnect from internet...if i controll the ip with _GetIP, it took too much time to say -1, in this time freeze =)

Func _GetIP2()
    Local $bRead = InetRead("http://checkip.dyndns.org/")
    If @error Then $bRead = InetRead("http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp")
    If Not @error Then
        Local $aIp = StringRegExp(BinaryToString($bRead),'\d{1,3}(\.\d{1,3}){3}',2)
        If Not @error Then Return $aIp[0]
    EndIf
    Return SetError(1,0,'0.0.0.0')
EndFunc   ;==>_GetIP2

Works for me, through Wireless LAN, wired LAN, usb phone Wired and bluetooth phone.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

It's work well if your connection are on, but if you are connect through WI-FI, and you would test the _GetIp better try this.

Connect on wifi, disconnect your router from internet like this:

Posted Image

As you can see the wifi connection with the router are still alive, but of course you cant surf on internet :mellow:. Now try to run _GetIP(). It's just freeze for a long time before to say -11 :)

If you can try...try =D

Use a few, Microsoft, google, yahoo etc.. Its unlikely that they would all be down at the same time.

EDIT:

If its just for personal use then its a good idea to use your isp because if they are off line then you probably are too.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

For example as i have just say google dont respond always at the ping.

How i can controll if i am connected to internet with the ping function? It's good this soluction:

$Ping = Ping("http://www.google.com")
If $Ping <> 0 Then
MsgBox (0,"","Connected")
EndIf

Is a secure way to know if i am connected to internet?...Or you have a better way to do that?

Use a few, Microsoft, google, yahoo etc.. Its unlikely that they would all be down at the same time.

EDIT:

If its just for personal use then its a good idea to use your isp because if they are off line then you probably are too.

For example as i have just say google dont respond always at the ping.

How i can controll if i am connected to internet with the ping function? It's good this soluction:

$Ping = Ping("http://www.google.com")
If $Ping <> 0 Then
EndIf

Is a secure way to know if i am connected to internet?...Or you have a better way to do that?

acording this script i am offline :mellow: error code 4,

this is the correct way.

$Ping = Ping("www.google.com")
If $Ping <> 0 Then
EndIf

You can't ping to HTTP, you have to use just the URL or an IP address. That's just how it works.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

my version works >> perhaps you're being blocked or something?!

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018